Today my friend show me an album called Sacred Reich - Surf Nicaragua

What is this? Anybody know of any major surf metal bands etc?
Last edited by lukeylynch at Aug 12, 2009,
so because a band has a song with a phrase in it, it now becomes a genre?

well I was listening to Word Salad before by Annihilator, so I would like some Salad Metal recomendations.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
so because a band has a song with a phrase in it, it now becomes a genre?

well I was listening to Word Salad before by Annihilator, so I would like some Salad Metal recomendations.

Surf Nicaragua actually contains a surf rock riff, and thus, is surf metal.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
1 riff?

and that merits a whole genre?

Just listen to the song and you'll understand. Sacred Reich was a pioneer in developing the genre's sound.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
Just listen to the song and you'll understand. Sacred Reich was a pioneer in developing the genre's sound.

Last time I checked we called that Thrash Metal
Quote by HamburgerBoy

So...are they the only band?
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Last time I checked we called that Thrash Metal

Genres evolve from others; they aren't created spontaneously.

Quote by lukeylynch
So...are they the only band?

Not quite, although they are the best example of it. There's some great sharkcore out there though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obSMBrnQecA
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
If it exists give me five surf metal bands

It's a pretty underground genre and existed only from 1988 to 1989, so I can only give you two more, in addition to Sacred Reich and Wehrmacht. Sorry.

Sacred Reich is thrash metal. Their lyrics are normally political, with some humor, hence the title 'surf nicaragua'. It doesn't make it a ****ing genre.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by vanshaya
Sacred Reich is thrash metal. Their lyrics are normally political, with some humor, hence the title 'surf nicaragua'. It doesn't make it a ****ing genre.

As already stated, it goes beyond lyrics, with the incorporation of surf rock riffs into thrash metal.
Yawning Man was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title

Stoner rock/metal mixed with surf rock
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Why.

Just why.

You're the reason there are starving children in the world.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I am gonna close this...maybe. only if you guys can find me a better band in the "surf blakk" genre.

Right now the competition is:

NEGATIVE PLANE
Quote by jessemaul991
Hey man, you take away the distortion of metal and a lot of it sounds like surf rock to be honest

likewise i just played dick dale with my guitar distorted and it sounded METAL

anyway there is no more surf rock metal song than this:

O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
i cant believe this guy signed up purely to bump this thread. maybe he is from the future
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

There's a few black metal surf songs on youtube that are fucking great!

Like this:

Hi everyone.
in 1989, Anthrax do a cover of the Ventures named Pipeline, on their EP Penikufesin (re released on Attack of the killer B's) .
Scott Ian (rythm guitar) says, in an interview, they did this cover to show how 60's Surf music was close to thrash metal of this end 80's
I'm surprised that no band has specialized in this genre...
HamburgerBoy was a good poster, he should come back