hi guys just a quick question even though it should be kinda obvious my Cort is better than my Legacy lately I've noticed the neck on the Cort feels much better than the Legacy, like just before i was playing on my legacy and my notes were a bit muffled I thought it was my but then i picked up my Cort and it rang out clean as a whistle. The only reason I made this thread is because I have been noticing the difference more lately then ever before and I just wanna know if there's a reason for that
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
It might be because of the pickups as well, or the settings of your amp. Also the bridge plays a big role, as well as the neck!
i forgot to mention I dont even use my amp much now because I'm sick of how it sounds I honestly think it sounds better unplugged and in this case I was playing unplugged
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Two reasons. The Corts have excellent necks. The Strat may have 'settled' a bit and need the action raised slightly. Did you put lighter strings on the Strat? That will change the natural bow of the neck enough to slightly mute the strings.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Ive been using 9s on the legacy every time i got new strings and on my Cort I'm using 12s and i don't think the neck is warped

EDIT: hahaha and I see u have the EVL k6 thats like an upgrade of mine I love sword on the 12th fret and the pentagram knobs but I have a middle pickup
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Aug 12, 2009,
thats `cos legacy guitars are cheap nasty pieces of wood, i`m surprised your fingers weren`t sliced off by the fret wire.........
hahahahahaha nah my fingers were ****ed up long before i picked up a guitar but your still probably right lol
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
It's probably a combination of the bodywood, hardware, pickups and neck. Your Cort consists of top quality components, according to thier website. The only legacy I've ever seen had garbage unpotted pups, cheap hardware, and a basswood ply body. Does Legacy make any higher end stuff?