Right, my Laney AOR was made in 1990. I bought it off ebay last year but haven't been able to service it due to being skint.

I have gigged it, but only at my school and wasn't cranked much or anything.

I have a first 'proper' gig over the weekend infront of a couple thousand people I think.

I own a peavey bandit 80 watts too but would love to use my all tube Laney as oppose to my ss peavey.

What would you do? I don't think there would be time for an amp service by the weekend.

What do you guys think and what would you do/use in my situation?

Thanks people, Moomin

EDIT: My laney does pick up unwanted noise if thats anyhelp. Also, my peavey gets bad feedback sometimes =\
Well, if it works well, there should be no problem. In any case, you can always take the Peavey for backup. Peavey Bandits are actually well liked and are held in pretty high regard for a solid state amp of its class.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Go and try to get it worked on instead of posting here .

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE

haha ok ok :P I really cannot be bothered to get ready yet though.

How long and much would a standard service cost you rekon?
use the Laney defintely. If you can't get it serviced, then bring the Peavey as a backup
Use the Laney and bring the peavey just like djmay71 said. About the unwanted noise, you can buy a box that supresses the noise. I saw Roland Boss had a Supressor box. It wasn't too expensive either.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

He said he was "skint".

I had to look it up... means he's broke.
I love my AOR 50,so I say use it.Mine was made in 87 or 88 and I too am skint.Could probably do with a service.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by 667
He said he was "skint".

I had to look it up... means he's broke.

Ah. When I see words that make no sense I tend to just ignore them.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by moominman2
I think 'skint' is an english thing. Apoligies.

No, never apologise for our language! *patriotism*

Ahem.

Just take both mate, you'll be fine with just the Laney, but if you have both there at least you will feel better about it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
No, never apologise for our language! *patriotism*

Ahem.

Just take both mate, you'll be fine with just the Laney, but if you have both there at least you will feel better about it.

haha, too true! Its our term!

ahh thanks for that. Ill just use my Laney. Although, apparently they have two amps I could use. Im guessing there mg's so im not keen on the idea of guessing what amp I may be able to use haha.

Thanks.
What type of music are you playing? If it's metal, just use the Peavey, and keep the gain down enough to reduce feedback as much as possible. If it's more rock oriented stuff, the Laney might be better. Keep the Peavey as a backup, at any rate.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
A-ha so "skint" is broke, go to a shop say you have a gig and need it serviced right away, offer 20 above the service charge and see if they'll get it done quick.

Or.....bring both and use the bandit if the Laney craps.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Take both but to be honest if you've been playing it for a year with no problems it should be ok.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
cheers folks.

I went down to my music shop and they told me they would have to send it to Laney which is apparently based somewhere here in the UK. They said that they don't do the amp side of things so they cannot service the amp themselves.
Amp techs are a rare breed in Blighty.

Worst thing is when you do find one they tend to be old boys who were working for big companies in the 60's 70's who are now retired and do some tech work for a bit of side income which means the turnaround is crap.

I had my Atomic in for a revalve and bias and it was gone for 3 weeks for a job that frankly can be done in 20 minutes.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso