Mainly for metal, think Nevermore and such.
No Ibanez please, I do like the Universe but it's way too expensive. :P

The Schecter Blackjack ATX has been on the top of my list, but today I discovered the Agile Septor 727 Pro.
As far as looks go, the Agile wins hands down in ever aspect, but the pickups from what I've heard probably need to be replaced and the hardware and build quality are not quite as good as Schecters.
The Blackjack on the other hand has Blackouts which are awesome, then again the neck is supposed to be like a baseball bat (?).

I can try the Schecter because we have a dealer here, but I can only order the Agile from rondomusic and they have no warranty outside US/Canada, so that's a bit of a turnoff plus shipping would cost 135 dollars.
But even with shipping the Agile would be like $350 cheaper than the Schecter.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
why not get jeff loomis signature if you like nevermore i don't know what its called and i just said it because we don't know what your budget is
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
I don't how the laws in Estonia are on the subject of importing, but you'll probably have to pay some added taxes on the Agile.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Schecter has a few other 7 stringers that are cheaper, and may not break the budget, the Omen 7 and the Damien 7; both are superb guitars. As well, if money if really tight Washburn makes a cheap 7 string, but I'm unsure about its quality.

As well, try a few 7 stringers out before you buy, because if you think that you'll never get used to the extra wide frets, your better off getting a baritone guitar
I'd still go for the ATX Blackjack. I even prefer the AWHT-look a lot above the Agile's looks. The Agile looks so damn cheap, no binding.

And you can't say no to Seymour Duncan Black-outs. You just can't.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Yeah I also like the white one, the black satin with the creamy binding is just meh.
Quote by AztecStatue
Yeah I also like the white one, the black satin with the creamy binding is just meh.

Yeah, but the white one looks FABULOUS

I'm quite certain this'll be my next guitar.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Look into an Ibanez RG1527, RG Prestige, S7320, Apex2, or maybe their older, ex-models such as the 7620, 7621, 7420, 7421, etc.
The Schecter necks, particularly on the Blackjack ATX series, are nice and fat. They are nowhere near as bulky as a PRS, or even a Les Paul, but they are not thin, put it that way. It suits the seven string well, though. They also have a longer scale length of 26.5 which is something to think about. The length adds tension and note definition if you want to drop the strings down. But it also means the stretches will be that much wider.
ESP SC 607B (Steph Carpenter's model from Deftones) is a brilliant seven string guitar. It has a 27" scale length neck which is even longer.
You may be able to find a Framus Custom 7 string under your price range.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Aug 12, 2009,
Loomis Sig, Agile Interceptor [Pro] (or one of the other Agile 7s).

Why no Ibbys? The 7620 is a BEAST and it'll be in a better price range than the UV (Also, a used 1527 would be sick and relatively inexpensive). They've been compared too UVs although I'm sure they're hardly the same thing.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Seriously get the loomis c7fr, I have been playing 7's for about 9-10 years and have owned a few, and tried many in my time and let me tell you that the loomis is by far one of the best. It is a guitar that has to be eq'ed just right for the lack of a tone knob but once that's dialed in WoW!!!! I would say it was the best $900 i have spent in the last year. not to mention the finish with the maple fretboard is sick. it has OFR, Active EMG 707's, grover tuners the only thing that im changing is I just ordered some SD blackouts phase 2 for it but the 707's sound pretty good too.

Sorry I forgot to mention....no tremolo.

So far I'm leaning towards the Blackjack ATX, those Framus customs are nice but pricey.
Honestly in this situation i'd listen to angry goldfish he knows his stuff. Also you might want to check out 7string.org they can probaly help you more over there.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I'd go Schecter ATX. the neck isn't really as wide as you think (unless you have small hands).
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Look for an LTD M-207 on ebay like I did. You won't be disappointed.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Quote by gstacey1
Honestly in this situation i'd listen to angry goldfish he knows his stuff. Also you might want to check out 7string.org they can probaly help you more over there.

I agree about visiting 7string.org - they're nice folks over there and they really know their business, more so than I really.
Quote by AztecStatue

The Blackjack on the other hand has Blackouts which are awesome, then again the neck is supposed to be like a baseball bat (?).

the 6 strings neck is absolutely perfect, so its probably a baseball bat because its a 7 string. \

I played another schecter 7 string that was pretty cheap, I forgot the name, it had these abalone cross inlays and it was flat black. It played nice but through the amp it sounded bad. I think it was the amp though, not the pups, which were 'designed by EMGs'.
Quote by Metlhead443
Get the Loomis fixed bridge?

I dont think they make them anymore, but it's pure smex

i want one
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Why no Ibanez?

Out of all the guitar companies that makes 7 strings, Ibanez will most likely be the easiest for you to transition from 6 strings to. Their necks are very flat and thin, thus the wider fretboard is easier to work with. Schecters are quite a bit fatter and will take a lot more getting used to.

I say, get an RG7621 if you want a fixed bridge. They're basically the same guitar as the Universe, but a hell of a lot cheaper.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
my ibanez rg7421 is a beast. i highly recommend it despite you not wanting a trem. also... see Agile Septor.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Why no Ibanez?

Out of all the guitar companies that makes 7 strings, Ibanez will most likely be the easiest for you to transition from 6 strings to. Their necks are very flat and thin, thus the wider fretboard is easier to work with. Schecters are quite a bit fatter and will take a lot more getting used to.

I say, get an RG7621 if you want a fixed bridge. They're basically the same guitar as the Universe, but a hell of a lot cheaper.
I already suggested that, biatch!

+1 though

Ibanez make some of the most comfortable, well rounded seven strings on the market.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I already suggested that, biatch!

+1 though

Ibanez make some of the most comfortable, well rounded seven strings on the market.

I know you did, I was just backin ya up brah!

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMIS! Best 7 string ever made.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Don't worry Metlhead, I could get both on them here, but I would prefer a superstrat and I'd get the Blackjack ATX cheaper than the Carpenter sig.

I'll just go and try the Schecter and see how the neck feels, if it feels too bulky I might even consider the RG7621.
id go with the atx....id suggest trying it out...also I have one and the necks are not near as bad as some people like to say
I replaced my schecters with ibanez due to the neck profiles. Only thing I miss is the extended scale but I would like to get a loomis or a C7 hellraiser someday but they are in line behind RG1527 and Carvin DC727/747.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!