Poll: Do you like yourself?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like yourself?
Yes
183 60%
No
120 40%
Voters: 303.
Page 1 of 4
I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has, but I searched and found nothing); do you like yourself? A lot of people I know don't like themselves, for a variety of reasons.

Obviously you can't change everything about yourself, but I've been thinking a lot lately about the fact that ultimately, our existence and the way we exist affects us above all other people. I realize that that seems obvious, but a lot of my friends and the people I interact with don't seem to share that ideology - at least not outwardly.

So when people tell me that they don't like themselves, I find it really hard to justify why. We all have the ability to change who we are to a large extent, so why don't we when it would be for our own personal benefit?

Sorry for clumsiness of this thread; I'm terrible at structuring these sort of things.

And to answer my own question... I'm working on it. I like myself a lot more than I did even six months ago.

edit: if you don't, why?
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Last edited by Snowblind 911 at Aug 12, 2009,
nah
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I like myself to 70%

You can still make a poll:
go down under -> Quick reply ->
Add a Poll to this Thread
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Last edited by Toast1337 at Aug 12, 2009,
People are lazy + like sympathy + like being told they are pretty.

I think that sometimes its a lot deeper than that.
but usually, not.

& I love myself.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Not even slightly.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by Toast1337
I like myself to 70%

You can still make a poll:
go down under -> Quick reply ->
Add a Poll to this Thread

Thanks a lot.

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
I figure I'm a hypocrite, but who isn't?
Also, no.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
not all the time. sometimes i do but usually i'm just disappointed.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
'Cause if you like yourself a lot: Go let it out.

Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with myself, but that doesn't stop me from going to exercise a lot when my studies start up again after the summer.
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
I sure do. There's no point in complaining if it's your body. You were born with it and are stuck with it. Unless you're one of those rich kids who can afford plastic surgery.
Quote by AntiG3
I figure I'm a hypocrite, but who isn't?

+1

Flam·boy·ant

Meh.. Im alright, I would change a few things.. (I voted no btw)

I also think my sense of humour and my sense of right/wrong gets me into more trouble than its worth..

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Occasionally, usually I'm an arsehole.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Yo TS,

are you asking us because you are curious or unhappy with yourself or what?
just wondering.

Flam·boy·ant

I'm socially awkward, un-charesmatic, over-weight and not particularly easy going on the eyes ... I ****ing love myself.
I kinda like myself.

But I hate people who so ****ing LOVE theirselves that they would fap everytime they see themselves in a mirror.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Mr. Rittard
Yo TS,

are you asking us because you are curious or unhappy with yourself or what?
just wondering.

I have been extremely unhappy with myself for a long time. Over the last few months it's become clear to me that I'm the only person who can change that, so I've changed a lot of things.

I'm curious to see how everyone else feels about themselves, and I guess that's sparked from the realization that I've been miserable for a long time.

Quote by undecided1993
No.

I like you though.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Snowblind 911
I have been extremely unhappy with myself for a long time. Over the last few months it's become clear to me that I'm the only person who can change that, so I've changed a lot of things.

I'm curious to see how everyone else feels about themselves, and I guess that's sparked from the realization that I've been miserable for a long time.

I get like that sometimes.
but I keep things fresh, if I get too complacent I immediately make changes.

Flam·boy·ant

Yes, I'm ****ing awesome, can't you tell.

Seriously though, I used to hate myself, but I've got over that phase. I am what I am and couldn't give a **** it you like it or not.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by flamster
I don't care about myself.

Alt+F4 life.exe
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by mr freezy
Yes, I'm ****ing awesome, can't you tell.

Seriously though, I used to hate myself, but I've got over that phase. I am what I am and couldn't give a **** it you like it or not.

I like myself, I mean, I don't think I'm amazing looking nor ugly, I like the way I treat people and people treat me, so I figure I like myself.
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
Alt+F4 life.exe

wow...

that is quite possibly the nerdiest way i've EVER seen anyone be told to kill themselves...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
meh, half and half. Varies all the time though.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i'm awesome

*cough*

Flam·boy·ant

I like myself. But if I had to live with another me, I'd kill me number 2. I am an unbearably annoying person.
<<My lyric. Critique, please?

You can't change the world but you can make a dent.
Quote by UltimateDud
I like myself, I mean, I don't think I'm amazing looking nor ugly, I like the way I treat people and people treat me, so I figure I like myself.

I like your outlook.

Quote by Liam.
Not even slightly.

This

Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Page 1 of 4