Hey, I don't know exactly where this goes, but I thought that this one would be the most appropriate and would probably get the right answer...

I've heard of something a long time ago, which I vaguely remember as "Ghost Power" or something similar to that. Now that I search on google, I can't find anything about it. IIRC it was how a small charge could be sent through the ground or ring connectors on a TRS plug.

Is it called Ghost Power, or does thing not exist at all? Because I don't see how it could, but that's just me.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Phantom power ^

It's for powering a mic that's connected directly to a mixer, without a preamp between.

Edit: From the mixer that's to the left of me on my desk:

Last edited by -MintSauce- at Aug 12, 2009,
For all the mysterious name, it's merely a simple way of using a stereo Jack on your guitar to power your guitar internally.

A standard mono jack has two connections ...a hot & ground. If you remove ithis socket & replace it with a stereo jack socket ...this will give you an extra lug/connector. You simply use this extra lug as a 'conduit' to get power into your guitar. (to power an onboard circuit etc)

of course you'll also need to use a stereo cable ....& ensure your wiring is such that the B end of your cable matches the A end that plugs into the socket (else you'll feed DC into your pickups which is not the best thing to do!)
Last edited by HankMcSpank at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by HankMcSpank
For all the mysterious name, it's merely a simple way of using a stereo Jack on your guitar to power your guitar internally.

A standard mono jack has two connections ...a hot & ground. If you remove ithis socket & replace it with a stereo jack socket ...this will give you an extra lug/connector. You simply use this extra lug as a 'conduit' to get power into your guitar. (to power an onboard circuit etc)

of course you'll also need to use a stereo cable ....& ensure your wiring is such that the B end of your cable matches the A end that plugs into the socket (else you'll feed DC into your pickups which is not the best thing to do!)
That's what I was thinking of doing :P
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!