In my search for my next guitar, I stumbled upon this beauty. After reading mixed reviews around the internet, I decided to ask the trustworhy members of Ultimate Guitar. I know a lot of you are going to tell me to try it myself, which I plan on doing in a couple of weeks, so try to resist the temptation of saying it!

I really like how the neck joint is recessed which allows for a thinner neck joint.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
It is hopefully going to be my next guitar.

Get it!

Jackson Guitars are amazing and at the price that it's at they're perfect.

My RR3 has the same floyd and it's very stable.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Well it is an incredible guitar. Great/fast Neck, Sexy Fretboard, Great Playing, Versatile... Its too early for me to think but trust me its one of those guitars that when you hold it, the neck melts in your hand. High Quality, Seymour Duncans have great tone, and its light weight. Incredible guitar. You have to buy it. Trust me, if it says Jackson it screams quality.

EDIT: Go get one today. You will like it so much I bet you will remove that "ESP" avatar. haha
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Last edited by Avengethedeath at Aug 12, 2009,
Definitely get it man, I've got the DK2M in Black with a maple neck, it plays so nice, and cleans sound amazing on the neck pickup. I wouldn't look at any other guitar.
Gear:
Jackson DK2M ->
EHX Graphic-Fuzz ->
MXR Dyna Comp ->
Fender Band-Master VM ->
Mesa Rectifier 2x12 Cab
You should try it first (okay had to be said as a disclaimer)

Yes, get it without a doubt. I just got the DK2 Eerie Dess and the above posters are not wrong. The neck just feels incredible. So smooth and quick. Very solid guitar for the price.

Look around for used ones, you can get some good deals.

edit: I got the Dinky, not the DK2M, but the I believe the neck is the same.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Aug 12, 2009,
^^^ Mine is also black. I thought I was alone because everytime I've ever seen someone with a DK2M it was white.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

This feedback excites me. The thing that initially sold me was the maple fretboard with the sexy black sharkfin inlays.

/drool.
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
DK2M's are great guitars... they have such a great feel that i havent experienced with any ESP's

i like jackson better personally jsut because they are higher quality IMO

Japan and USA instead of Korea and wherever ESP is made
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Yeah, I noticed that these were made in Japan as well. That raises my GAS for one of these babies!!! haha
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
It's a great guitar. Flat neck, nice bright tone and good pickups. The bolt on neck is well done and allows for great high fret access. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago for $399 new at GC since they were blowing them out.

You can read lots of positive reviews anywhere, so I'll give you the other side (the bads) that I found on my particular guitar. All in all, it's a great guitar, but I found the Korean LTDs to be higher build quality from the mid-lvl Jacksons under the Soloist I've played with.

To be completely objective, it needed a bit of a setup as the LFR was pretty far off of being flush with the body and the action was pretty high on it. It also required a little truss rod adjusted as the neck was slightly bowed. But most guitars usually need some minor adjustments.

Outside of the typical setup issues, here's some other small issues I found. The tone knob was slightly loose, but this could be attributed to being on the floor of GC and people playing with it. I've read it seems to be a common issue, but it just takes 10 secs to tighten the screw on the knob so it's not a big deal. On the back of the tuners, the screws that mount the tuners to the headstock wasn't completely screwed in all the way (i.e. the screw head wasn't flush to the tuner, it had a few extra turns necessary), but it wasn't loose so there wasn't any risk of the screw falling out. Finally a couple of the tuners have a slightly rougher movement, so it feels a little gritty when tightening the strings.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
I have a simmillar guitar mine just has EMG`s it is a real beauty I got it in almost new condition for $285 and I couldn`t imagine getting a better deal.
Quote by Xherion
It's a great guitar. Flat neck, nice bright tone and good pickups. The bolt on neck is well done and allows for great high fret access. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago for $399 new at GC since they were blowing them out.

You can read lots of positive reviews anywhere, so I'll give you the other side (the bads) that I found on my particular guitar. All in all, it's a great guitar, but I found the Korean LTDs to be higher build quality from the mid-lvl Jacksons under the Soloist I've played with.

To be completely objective, it needed a bit of a setup as the LFR was pretty far off of being flush with the body and the action was pretty high on it. It also required a little truss rod adjusted as the neck was slightly bowed. But most guitars usually need some minor adjustments.

Outside of the typical setup issues, here's some other small issues I found. The tone knob was slightly loose, but this could be attributed to being on the floor of GC and people playing with it. I've read it seems to be a common issue, but it just takes 10 secs to tighten the screw on the knob so it's not a big deal. On the back of the tuners, the screws that mount the tuners to the headstock wasn't completely screwed in all the way (i.e. the screw head wasn't flush to the tuner, it had a few extra turns necessary), but it wasn't loose so there wasn't any risk of the screw falling out. Finally a couple of the tuners have a slightly rougher movement, so it feels a little gritty when tightening the strings.

So, other than a few minor adjustments, it's a beautiful guitar?
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
I played that exact model multiple times, and it feels good- maple necks aren't normally my thing, but its a well built instrument. I am surprised it got mixed reviews...

The pickups may leave a little bit to be desired (especially if they are duncan designed like those found in my dinky...) but if you put a Jazz and a 59 in, you'll have a nasty dinky that I have a feeling you'll love
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I'm pretty sure the stock pups are authentic Duncans.

Another cool thing about this is that the fretboard has a compound radius. It's nice and round on the lower frets which is better for chords, and it's nice and flat up high for lead.
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Quote by ToneLabeouf

true.
Quote by ToneLabeouf

Another cool thing about this is that the fretboard has a compound radius. It's nice and round on the lower frets which is better for chords, and it's nice and flat up high for lead.

Since they are authentic duncans, then you're going to have an awesome guitar. You truely notice the compound radius too- makes playing the higher frets that much easier
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by ToneLabeouf
So, other than a few minor adjustments, it's a beautiful guitar?

Yep, other than the few things I mentioned, it's an awesome guitar. Most of these things are pretty much standard with any guitar you get, whether it is a $200 Ibanez or a Gibson LP Standard.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier