Ive not played one buti no afew who have and they have had so many good things about them, they are ment to be great players even though their like the SG special faded and studio faded guitars
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I got an SG special faded, beautiful guitar. I like the idea of an all maple SG though. It sounds cool.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
I expect these to go the way of the Les Paul Lite. Anyone remember them? All Maple is going to leave the sound very bright which no-one buys an SG for. Prime candidate for bargain bin in a year or two IMO.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

it's a very heavy guitar too. heavier than LP's.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Lurcher
I expect these to go the way of the Les Paul Lite. Anyone remember them? All Maple is going to leave the sound very bright which no-one buys an SG for. Prime candidate for bargain bin in a year or two IMO.

that sounds like good news for my wallet, really. i'd love to own an all-maple SG or les paul.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 12, 2009,
I have tried the LP version. One of the heaviest guitars I've ever played, but also by far the best sustain. Really nice clear tone too, very articulate.

That said, I'm not a fan of the finishes or maple fretboards, so no dice for me.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
are they really that much heavier, wow. i never really like to go traditional, i like to try all the weird guitars, like this one. i dunno maybe ill try it
*hates maple guitars*
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I was checking these out online, they seem OK in theory but for me that maple fretboard with a black headstock looks terrible. For a brighter tone, I think they'd do better with a new, lower end P90 SG model a bit like the LP Studio Gems from the 90s (update the Classic).
Fender Thinline Tele 69' RI --- Gibson SG Special --- Epiphone Dot with Bigsby --- Squier Custom Tele II P90 --- Saga LP kit --- Yamaha FG-403MS acoustic
Last edited by matt_p90 at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by VanTheKraut
*hates maple guitars*
Then you've probably never tried one, or you've only tried a very cheap one. They may be heavy, and personally I'm not a fan of maple fretboards, but a maple body with a maple neck sounds fantastic, is probably the most articulate combination you can get, and the sustain is incredible.

Quote by JoshStu
are they really that much heavier, wow.
Maple is one of the heaviest woods commonly used in guitar building. That's why necks are made out of it often, maple is very dense and heavy so it can take the abuse that necks need to be able to take.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.