Page 1 of 2
So I tuned my guitar yesterday and it sounds really cool...kinda like a dulcimer. The tuning is as follows:

from low to high: DADAAd

I doubt this is a real tuning, but I know it's the 2 notes that are used to tune a dulcimer and it sounds cool. I know this is kinda random, but I was just wondering.

Here's a sample: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/classicrockboy/music/all/play679217
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
there's no OFFICIAL tuning, but E standard is what all the chord shapes were based off of when the guitar was first invented, look at all the band that use low/drop tunings, then open tunings for people to lazy to shape a chord
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
there's no OFFICIAL tuning, but E standard is what all the chord shapes were based off of when the guitar was first invented, look at all the band that use low/drop tunings, then open tunings for people to lazy to shape a chord

there is so much in this post that makes me want to yell *shakes head*
Open D5? Or "how the fuck am I going to play anything that requires a melody with this stupid tuning"?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Sounds like a sex moan:

"Dad! Daad! Daddy!"
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Quote by Thrace
You sure that's not DADADD?

yes...the G and B strings are the same tuning A

Quote by CoreysMonster
obviously if you can tune it, it's an actual tuning. are you just trying to show off your mp3s?

pffftt....no...why would I do that?
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by rabidguitarist

Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by rabidguitarist

why are you such a douche?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Quote by lifesuckstomuch

SO many things are wrong with this post, but this sums it up better:

Quote by rabidguitarist

Well done, rabid.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

Are you suggesting that I'm a method of vaginal irrigation?

You couldn't be more wrong. I've irrigated more vaginas than you can count.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
if you did it, it's an actual tuning...but yeah if you were advertising your mp3s, bravo. how long have you been playing? I would suggest working on your bends, as you bent out of key quite a bit and try to make your playing more "liquid" or "smooth." It's very jumpy (stop, start, stop). Other than that just keep practicing and you will keep seeing improvements
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Aww ****, nothing beats the Open G tuning
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

must.. withstand... the waves of bull****... eminating from this post.
I use DADDAd on my 12 string, which has a lovely ring once you work out the weird chord shapes. The extra A would make the fingering impossible with anything but barre chords.
If you try my version, start with 0-12-11-0-12-0 and work down the scale moving the 4th string position back a fret for compensation. It would take too long to explain all the theory but if you mess around on that, you'll hit some very sweet sounds. You can barre right across too and barre just the first 3 or 4 strings for different effects. I have silenced rowdy pub jam sessions with that.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by rabidguitarist
Are you suggesting that I'm a method of vaginal irrigation?

You couldn't be more wrong. I've irrigated more vaginas than you can count.

aren't you gay or something? i remember, back when i was a lurker, you always whining about getting bullied because of the way you dressed, you sounded like a little bitch, are you trying to seem tough on the internet to make yourself feel better?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by lifesuckstomuch
aren't you gay or something? i remember, back when i was a lurker, you always whining about getting bullied because of the way you dressed, you sounded like a little bitch, are you trying to seem tough on the internet to make yourself feel better?

Oh god! the irony... its... TOO MUCH!

*Dies*
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
aren't you gay or something, i remember, back when i was a lurker, you always whining about getting bullied because of the way you dressed, you sounded like a little bitch, are you trying to seem tough on the internet to make yourself feel better?

I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

I made a thread once when I got thrown down a staircase, dragged through a house and dumped in a road because a kissed a guy, but that's it really. Anyone would whine if that happened to them.

And I'm not gay, I just like to sample the market.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

slow down there, buddy
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by rabidguitarist

I made a thread once when I got thrown down a staircase, dragged through a house and dumped in a road because a kissed a guy, but that's it really. Anyone would whine if that happened to them.

rabid isn't a whiner, you know.
no irony or sarcasm in that sentence.
Quote by rabidguitarist

a valid argument, at least you can calmly explain yourself, unlike some of these people who react along the lines of
"N0 UR t3h g4y 1 f4gg0t!"
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by lifesuckstomuch
a valid argument, at least you can calmly explain yourself, unlike some of these people who react along the lines of

I honestly have never seen anyone say something even close to that.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by lifesuckstomuch

N0 UR t3h g4y 1 f4gg0t!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

No, YOU calmly explain yourself son.
It's pretty clear that you're the one that couldn't keep his mouth shut and calm down.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
No, YOU calmly explain yourself son.
It's pretty clear that you're the one that couldn't keep his mouth shut and calm down.

he aknowledged that rabidguitarist DID calmly explain himself.

EDIT: read again, closely:

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
he aknowledged that rabidguitarist DID calmly explain himself.

isn't it great when people join into arguments late?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by Dæmönika
He wasn't really late, he just can't read too good.

just as bad

(bolded item is ironic)
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by lifesuckstomuch
just as bad

I think it's worse. I'd rather come in and go, "Hey guyz, watz goin onz?" rather than "I so can't believe you just said that, even though I'm having trouble to analyse exactly what you said and interpret it correctly."

EDIT: That bit in bold is intentional.

EDIT2: V Exactly.
Last edited by Dæmönika at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by Dæmönika
I think it's worse. I'd rather come in and go, "Hey guyz, watz goin onz?" rather than "I so can't believe you just said that, even though I'm having trouble to analyse exactly what you said and interpret it correctly."

EDIT: That bit in bold is intentional.

EDIT2: V Exactly.

true, i hope i don't sound like an ass, but i really hope English isn't your first language
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Page 1 of 2