I have a fender deluxe amp, and I started to notice a difference in the sound. It first seemed like the sound didn't have the same power to it. Base notes seemed to be overpowering and the high register seemed to have too much treble - that could've been my ear, but I also noticed an oscillating sound on some chords and knew something was off. Brought it to the music store, took a quick look at the tubes and thought one of the preamp tubes started to go. I replaced that, but I still notice the same thing. Just a day later, I now hear the oscillating sound more. I can really hear it when on a clean setting when the E and A strings are hit in chords. I think the oscillating sound could be the key symptom to figuring out this problem...what does this mean?
Are you near any electronic devices (microwave, computer, tv, etc?).

Also, have you tried plugging it into a different outlet?
Sounds like a speaker wiring problem to me more than a tube problem. BTW you should replace all the tubes in a set at once.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I thought this could possibly be the problem. I have it plugged into a power strip and plugged it straight into the wall -- I actually noticed slightly less humming then normal but still the issue remained. I'll try a completely different outlet and see what that does...
plugged it into a different outlet and there is still an oscillating sound that is not as great as before. The sound is still just not the same. Its not as clean and low notes have too much base and high notes too much treble. We think its a wiring problem? Could this happen all of the sudden?
Quote by wads629gb
plugged it into a different outlet and there is still an oscillating sound that is not as great as before. The sound is still just not the same. Its not as clean and low notes have too much base and high notes too much treble. We think its a wiring problem? Could this happen all of the sudden?

I had that problem with a Line 6 Flextone. The magnets in the speaker got ****ed up.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars