what do you guyz think about the aria dmb bass? i like the space between the neck and pickups, and i currently play a crappy hondo p bass, i got it at the dreaded pawn shop lol. dmb is cheap, looks cool, and i aint got a band. i play slap bass mostly. one thing i dont like about it is the offset pickup would be weird to rest your thumb on and fingerpick. oh well, my bass sux, and **** fender and squire.
TBH, it looks like more of a horizontal move than an upgrade. I've never played an Aria that made me even want to consider buying it. Do you have a budget? There are definitely better basses out there for around that same price.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
I got an IGB 35 2nd hand good bass to get my feet wet but i like the neck but the piups are totally meh compared to a squier vintage P-Bass 51 i tried imo.

Squier's most definately a step up vintage models are held in good regard in these parts aswell.But i cant really recommend anything tbh as your not giving us your rig and what you listen to
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
well i was pretty good, but hated my bass so i stopped playing pretty much for like 2yrs!! i aint really got a rig, just a practice amp,zoom multi pedal, and my hondo lol. i listen to all kinds of music, from punk, to ratm,butthole surfers,melvins,rhcp,old school funk. .. um i play slap, cuz that's how i started. that'd be more accurate of the right bass.

thumb pickin, slap harmonics,pop harmonics,i play fast kinda(thumbpickin ya know). guess some have said speed funk/faster grinding stuff ya know. guess i got my own style
Got a budget for how much you want to spend? Also, why do you not like Fender or Squier?
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by slappysquirrel
well i was pretty good, but hated my bass so i stopped playing pretty much for like 2yrs!! i aint really got a rig, just a practice amp,zoom multi pedal, and my hondo lol. i listen to all kinds of music, from punk, to ratm,butthole surfers,melvins,rhcp,old school funk. .. um i play slap, cuz that's how i started. that'd be more accurate of the right bass.

thumb pickin, slap harmonics,pop harmonics,i play fast kinda(thumbpickin ya know). guess some have said speed funk/faster grinding stuff ya know. guess i got my own style

This is why a MIM P-Bass if it was in your budget would be extremely suitable they are workhorses, cant really think of another bass cept from a jazz that would be good for this tbh although im not entirely sure bout their slap bass credentials
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Look into ibanez basses, what's your budget?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
well i wanna sell my dean evo dragster, and my fretless galveston bass. plus if i could sell my hondo (lol) then that's my budget. i dont know, maybe 400-450. honestly i really like the peavey zodiac bass.