This Question falls under 2 categories. I'm saving up for a bass becuase i already have 2 guitars and one of them is a Ibanez, so it should last a while, so therfore i'm buying a bass.

I don't want to spend more then 500$, And it has to be one of the bigger brands such as ibanez, becuase The music store in the city doesn't carry manny brands.

And also, will I be good using my guitar amplifier?
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Schecter has great basses in that price range. I have a C-4 XXX, got it from a friend for $300 barely used. He bought it for $600 new like 5 months before he bought it. I love it. Just need a good bass amp now
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You might want to go here, the Bass Guitar section.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Be sure to read the FAQ. There is a large list of beginner basses or cheaper basses.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737491

As far as using a guitar amplifier goes, the general answer is no. At low volumes, I'm not sure if damage will be done (guitar amplifier speakers are not designed to handle bass frequencies), but I tend to avoid doing it in any case. This too is covered in the FAQ.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Aug 12, 2009,
Using your Guitar amp as a bass amp is really going to **** it up. Hard.
Quote by RampagingAcorn
my ****ing god if i see another ****ing thread on this **** i will kill a baby
If you just need a bass and you're not serious about playing bass much, Squires are very nice. I use a Squire P bass.