hey people, i am lost between 2 choices, either the marshall advanced valvestate 20 or the randall rg75.

the randall is 75 watts , its a hybrid...........

the marshall is just 20 wats but its a tube amp, its a very VERY powerful amp but the problem is that its only 20 watts :/

i play metal ( COB, trivuim, bullet for my valentine) ant that stuff....

WHAT SHOULD I GET!?!?!??!
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I would go for the Valvestate cause I don't like the RGs that much...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
but the marshall is 20 watts :/
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Both are hybrid. The RG is better.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure if there would be much of a volume difference between the 75 watt and the 20 watt.. what i mean is, the 75 watt wont be 3.75x louder than the 20 watt, just somewhat louder. Id go with the marshall.
Quote by soloXshredder
but the marshall is 20 watts :/

So get the Randall then. Unless your planning on gigging 20 watts is more than enough
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
yeah! i may use it for gigging
will the 2o watts b enough?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The marshall is NOT tube, what you should do is save up and find something much better
Quote by JayT44
So get the Randall then. Unless your planning on gigging 20 watts is more than enough

true. my amp is 28 watts (wtf?), and it's never turned up more than halfway.
Quote by Oddhawk
Don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure if there would be much of a volume difference between the 75 watt and the 20 watt.. what i mean is, the 75 watt wont be 3.75x louder than the 20 watt, just somewhat louder. Id go with the marshall.

well I think that it goes like

a 100 watt SS amp is twice as loud in volume as a 10 wat SS amp. and when comparing to a tube amp, its even less of a difference. Also I think that different tube amps can have different volumes even with the same wattage.

I have a Vox AD50VT and its not that loud really. I sure a 20 watt tube amp could be louder (although I've never cranked one to see)
Quote by soloXshredder

Quote by Marshall Website
The vast majority of rock's most celebrated guitar tones have been made with the help of all-valve amplification. As a result over the years many manufacturers have tried to emulate that sought after all-valve sound using solid state technology. All such attempts failed miserably up until now. Enter Marshall's groundbreaking Valvestate technology.

I'll just leave this here...

EDIT:
Quote by soloXshredder

It only uses pre-amps... It's not a tube dude.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by Tedward
well I think that it goes like

a 100 watt SS amp is twice as loud in volume as a 10 wat SS amp. and when comparing to a tube amp, its even less of a difference. Also I think that different tube amps can have different volumes even with the same wattage.

I have a Vox AD50VT and its not that loud really. I sure a 20 watt tube amp could be louder (although I've never cranked one to see)

think that the marshall can be used for gigging?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder

AVT and VT amps have ALWAYS been hybrids. One tube in preamp section, that's it! 20 watts of non-tube power that's what you will get. It won't sound like a tube amp either...don't fool yourself.

In all honesty! It's what you prefer...the RG75 is still good amp!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by soloXshredder
think that the marshall can be used for gigging?

No, it's not usable for a gig
Quote by JayT44

I'll just leave this here...

EDIT:

It only uses pre-amps... It's not a tube dude.

I was starting to worry I was wrong. Yeah the valvestates have a poor reputation in general. You're much better off trying to find a used classic 30/50 or something similar.
EDIT: Metal, ah. That complicates things. i dunno much about cheap metal amps, but with cheap amps you get what you pay for. Still look used, and bear in mind 30 watts tube will be gigworthy, but metal uses mainly preamp distortion, so a lot of wattage is often the best way. Check out bugeras, they might be near your budget, and very giggable.
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Aug 12, 2009,
ok thnx people....am gonna go with the randall
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The one with most wattage won, eh? Coulnd't have guessed that.

Oh well, It's pretty okay amp anyway so I'll quit being an ass.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

ok guys i have to apologize for this thread
my friend knows my password and i told him he could ask about this amp, wven tho i suggested the randall, but he wanted to ask the experts
however, i had no idea he was gonna talk like an idiot (he deosnt know much about amps and such)

thanks
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
God, neither.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by soloXshredder

I own an AVT50X. They're not a tube amp. They are loud for an SS amp though, this has nothing to do with the one tube in the circuit, it's because Marshall rates them far more conservatively then the MG series.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by soloXshredder
ok guys i have to apologize for this thread
my friend knows my password and i told him he could ask about this amp, wven tho i suggested the randall, but he wanted to ask the experts
however, i had no idea he was gonna talk like an idiot (he deosnt know much about amps and such)

thanks

Ah ok...Make sure he buys a good amp though