I'm having trouble deciding...should i get Blind Melon's self titled album and a Pixies album (either Surfer Rosa or Doolittle) or should i get both of the pixies albums and hold off on the blind melon for later. I already have Blind Melon's Soup album... OR are there any recommendations for other alternative albums?
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Get Waves of mutilation: Best of pixies instead
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
im not a big fan of greatest hits cd's personally. i'd rather get each album so i can tell how the band progressed, how they changed, and what not.
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Chuckleberry
I'm having trouble deciding...should i get Blind Melon's self titled album and a Pixies album (either Surfer Rosa or Doolittle) or should i get both of the pixies albums and hold off on the blind melon for later. I already have Blind Melon's Soup album... OR are there any recommendations for other alternative albums?

Tough decision, all of those are in my favorite albums of all time. I'd say go with Doolittle and Blind Melon. You won't be disappointed.

EDIT: or go with Farm by Dinosaur Jr.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
ok so two votes for blind melon, one for doolittle, one for Dinosaur Jr. I was actually thinking about sonic youth but i dont know enough about them....which sonic youth album would you consider most accessible?
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Chuckleberry

Definitely as many Pixies albums you can get.

Surfer Rosa is one of the greatest albums of all time. Then again, so is Doolittle.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Master of Puppets.

No seriously, this man deserves my +1:

Quote by JohnIsMyName
get some Sonic Youth. you would probably like them.
Quote by RockIsHowIRoll
toadies are good get some toadies

Rubberneck is one badass album. Damn this is too hard, I own like every album that's been mentioned, and it's too difficult choosing between them.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

yeah i know...now i have even more albums to choose from... this is gonna take longer than expected lol
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Meat Puppets II - Meat Puppets
Let It Be - The Replacements
Drums And Wires - XTC
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by Chuckleberry
yeah i know...now i have even more albums to choose from... this is gonna take longer than expected lol

From this tread, I can see that you have a very similar music taste to me. I seriously advise you to check out Dinosaur Jr sometime (like on youtube or something, It'd be dumb to just buy their stuff blindly). They've been my favorite band ever for quite a while.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

k i'll check farm by them then. lol i'll probably end up drawing album names out of a hat to decide ha. My friend has that cage the elephant album i think so i'll try and borrow it from him
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Chuckleberry
k i'll check farm by them then. lol i'll probably end up drawing album names out of a hat to decide ha. My friend has that cage the elephant album i think so i'll try and borrow it from him

Farm is a crock of shit. Listen to Bug.
Quote by Horlicks
Farm is a crock of shit. Listen to Bug.

You're a crock of ****

But Bug is legit too. I'd probably rank that #2
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
You're a crock of ****

But Bug is legit too. I'd probably rank that #2

Wait. So you rank Farm #1? Above ''You're Living All Over Me'' and ''Bug''? You're an idiot. New Dinosaur Jr. is fucking awful.
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Crooked Rain Crooked Rain by Pavement.

You will not be dissapoint.

+1
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 12, 2009,
Crooked Rain Crooked Rain by Pavement.

You will not be dissapoint.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

crooked rain is 20 bucks on itunes so i wouldnt be able to get another album... and i'll check out both albums by Dinosaur Jr....and yes i do buy my own music
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Horlicks
Wait. So you rank Farm #1? Above ''You're Living All Over Me'' and ''Bug''? You're an idiot. New Dinosaur Jr. is fucking awful.

Opinions are opinions dude, no need to be so hostile. I haven't taken Farm out of my car in 3 weeks. I know it sounds a little different than their other stuff, but I don't know, it's kinda the exact sound I was looking for at the time when I got.

EDIT: crazy8rgood knows his stuff. You need to check out Flaming Lips if you never have too.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Last edited by lushacrous at Aug 12, 2009,
i think some of my friends have siamese dream and loaded up on creedence. MGMT is cool and interesting but not especially my thing. i might get more into them later down the road and i'll look into flaming lips
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Chuckleberry
crooked rain is 20 bucks on itunes so i wouldnt be able to get another album... and i'll check out both albums by Dinosaur Jr....and yes i do buy my own music

Fair enough, but if ever you get the chance to buy it, do.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.