Hey there. I don't know which forum this fits in. But a lot of people here are very good with electronics around here.

Anyway me and my friend are thinking about building us a tube mic preamp, probably tube. I have an old ring transformer laying around here. It can generate 0-18V 90VA on the taps. Would this work to drive an 12AX7? Also does anybody here have any schematic or suggestons for a nice preamp? We want to do a basic one, the only things we'd need are an XLR and possibly a tele input, 48v phantom, a gain knob and a pad knob. Oh yeah and an XLR and/or tele output.

Would it work do you think?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the guys in GB&C might be of more help.
if youve got an idea of some similar preamps you might want to look at the schematics for, free information society has lots of schems: http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schempage.php?cat=1
there are a couple on there that are listed as mic preamps, and some others that are PA preamps so those are the ones i would look at first.
Thanks a lot! I didn't find any schematics when I searched, but having buitl a few amps and knowing a lot of knowledgable people here, I posted in GG & A.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009