So i've made up my mind in what type of guitar I wanted to get. Originally it was a fender thinline telecaster, but due to the massive increase of price in fender, i'm being bumped down a bit. So I was lookig around and stumblmed across the scheter PT series. I've heard a couple of sound samples, and watched some reviews, but I was wondering, is it a worthy step down from my original choice?
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
So i've made up my mind in what type of guitar I wanted to get. Originally it was a fender thinline telecaster, but due to the massive increase of price in fender, i'm being bumped down a bit. So I was lookig around and stumblmed across the scheter PT series. I've heard a couple of sound samples, and watched some reviews, but I was wondering, is it a worthy step down from my original choice?

You should of jumped on the fender friday deals like in july. They had massive decreases in price and gave away free shirts just for watching a 2 minute video.
Well I didn't get a chance. So is the PT series a good alternative for my fender telecaster choice for play, rock/hard rock, blues, reggae, and a BIT of metal?
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Maybe if you get lower out put pickups in it like p-90's that fit in humbucker spots
What's wrong with the pickup combination in it now? Here is the link btw http://www.schecterguitars.com/ Either the PT or the PT Fastback.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6