Page 1 of 2
Okay, so the thought just popped up in my head and some of you may call me racist, but I don't care because it isn't really. Well I was thinking how there is certain types of species that are the same thing but only differ in something such as color. So I was wondering why is it that people of different colors and what not that are humans are considered the same thing, but things such as snakes or whatever that have different colors are considered different things. It is kind of hard to explain exactly what I mean so try to think about it a little too.

tl;dr

read it

EDIT:

Not being racist. I was thinking more along the lines of tigers and lions. Stuff like that but are closer that still get different names of species or whatever.

reEDIT:
BREED is the more correct word for what I am saying. Not really species.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by RockGuitar92
Okay, so the thought just popped up in my head and some of you may call me racist, but I don't care because it isn't really. Well I was thinking how there is certain types of species that are the same thing but only differ in something such as color. So I was wondering why is it that people of different colors and what not that are humans are considered the same thing, but things such as snakes or whatever that have different colors are considered different things. It is kind of hard to explain exactly what I mean so try to think about it a little too.

tl;dr

read it

yup racist

But yeah I am sure that it takes more biological differences to make a full species distinction
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Shiny Pokemon get discriminated against all the time.

It's not discrimination if your a prick to everyone **** you.

JK.

TS, are you asking why snakes aren't racist against different snakes?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Aug 12, 2009,
Not really racist. I'm not saying they aren't humans or don't deserve rights. So I really hope you are kidding.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Because different snakes grow to vastly different sizes, some are poisonous, some live in water. There are differences that are distinct enough to make them different from other snakes. Besides color humans are all the same. There isn't enough difference to make different colored humans different species.

Same way with other animals. The differences are drastic enough to warrant a new species. They are still related obviously, but not the same animal.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman

and dont forget red gyarados
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
The snakes that are just different colors differ a lot more than you and Barack Obama on a genetic level.

Its more like Boa Constricter is to King Cobra as TS is to Gorilla... at least thats how I see it

TS IS A CLOSET RACIST
I find it more sexist, if I do say so myself.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman

That's becaue people are jealous I have a shiny fucking Larvitar!
Quote by dubstar92
I find it more sexist, if I do say so myself.

yup and homophobic
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Since a white man can have a kid that will be able to reproduce with a black woman we are of the same specie.
Quote by daytripper75
Because different snakes grow to vastly different sizes, some are poisonous, some live in water. There are differences that are distinct enough to make them different from other snakes. Besides color humans are all the same. There isn't enough difference to make different colored humans different species.

Same way with other animals. The differences are drastic enough to warrant a new species. They are still related obviously, but not the same animal.

Think of it as like they have certain cats and what not. A lot of them do the same stuff and are the same except for looks.

Quote by bellette
Since a white man can have a kid that will be able to reproduce with a black woman we are of the same specie.

A lion and a tiger can reproduce too.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
More often than not, you will have more traits that are genetically similar to someone of a different "race" than someone within your race.
I can see what your saying, but skin colour just depends on a variation in the pigment of the skin. It's only a tiny amount of our DNA, not enough to make a different species.

It's not racist...
I think Multiple Alleles is what controls different skin types in humans. We are all of the same species but have different genes for skin color. Snakes on the other hand are of many different species.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Quote by bellette

+1

Well done, Sir/Madam.
Also:

Most textbooks follow Ernst Mayr's definition of a species as "groups of actually or potentially interbreeding natural populations, which are reproductively isolated from other such groups".[5]

Various parts of this definition serve to exclude some unusual or artificial matings:

* Those which occur only in captivity (when the animal's normal mating partners may not be available) or as a result of deliberate human action.
* Animals which may be physically and physiologically capable of mating but do not normally do so in the wild, for various reasons.
* Animals whose offspring are normally sterile.
btw TS, dogs would be a better analogy for this.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Aug 12, 2009,
If two animals can successfully mate (producing offspring capable of reproducing with each other) then they are considered to be in the same species.

Tions and Ligers dont count because Lions and Tigers don't share a gene pool.

/thread.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by RPBiohazard

Careful, guys, she might be a pitophile

you misspelled pedophile

Quote by Garou1911
^
Quote by dubstar92
btw TS, dogs would be a netter analogy for this.

Well I was hoping people wouldn't take the snake thing so literally and look more at what I was saying. Besides that white and black people reproducing thing isn't exactly killing my argument because lions and tigers can have offspring and so can other animals(breed between other like species).
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
Think of it as like they have certain cats and what not. A lot of them do the same stuff and are the same except for looks.

=/=

But don't we still call all snakes "snakes" regardless of what species they are?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Those are different breeds though, not species.

So you would agree more that humans can be considered different breeds? I'm not trying to say they are different species really because obviously we aren't. You just helped me find what I really meant though.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by due 07

original 151 or gtfo.

my shiny machamp from the starter deck owns.
If people from different areas did have a different genetic makeup, they wouldn't be a different species. They would be a subspecies. We're all humans.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

People of different colors still produce fertile offspring, and therefore are the same species. In animals, color is often an indicator of a separation of species, but it is not the color that makes them different species; it is the inabilty to produce fertile offspring.

Different color, same species:

Different color, different species:

In short, we do not call animals different species simply because they are different colors.

[/thread]
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by RockGuitar92

yeah but their offspring are always infertile so the species would be unable to continue
Quote by RockGuitar92
Well I was hoping people wouldn't take the snake thing so literally and look more at what I was saying. Besides that white and black people reproducing thing isn't exactly killing my argument because lions and tigers can have offspring and so can other animals(breed between other like species).

they can have offspring but the offspring is sterile.
Quote by aixelsydevahi
If people from different areas did have a different genetic makeup, they wouldn't be a different species. They would be a subspecies. We're all humans.

I didn't mean that we all aren't humans. I mean like we are different as in a breed sort of way.

Like dogs...haha

Quote by stephen_rettie
they can have offspring but the offspring is sterile.

There has been a reported case or two of them reproducing. I read about it earlier.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman

Because i can never find the fuckers
Quote by RockGuitar92
I didn't mean that we all aren't humans. I mean like we are different as in a breed sort of way.

Like dogs...haha

There has been a reported case or two of them reproducing. I read about it earlier.

In the same breed of dog you can get different colors. So we'd just be one breed.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by RockGuitar92

Like dogs...haha

link?
Quote by RockGuitar92

Like dogs...haha

That is a little closer to the truth. We as people look different, presumably, because we continued to evolve in different environments. But this is no revelation to anyone.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by due 07

Psshhh, My Charizard's black.
(for real my Firered game got a shiny Charmander first time I got it. Didn't realize it until it evolved to Charizard.)

Quote by RockGuitar92

but it's offspring can't reproduce
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by stephen_rettie
link?

Are you serious? I have to find it again? lol
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Why don't you all shut the **** up? He never said other races weren't humans or didn't deserve rights. He's saying that some other animals that differ in color also differ in name and is wondering why we don't give each race a distinct representation. This would be assuming they still got the same rights.

Although I'm pretty sure the reason is because different types of the same animals have more differences than just color and bone structure.
Page 1 of 2