I'm looking to buy a Mexican HSS Fender Stratocaster (One humbucker, two single coil pick up) later this year.

I've been searching the internet, and I can't really find any good places. I'm in the UK, by the way, so it needs to be at the very least in Europe, and really I would like it to be in the UK.

So I'm looking for a Mexican fat strat, preferably brand new, but it's more important to keep it within £300. I'd also like it to be in sunburst or maybe blue if at all possible.

I'm almost final on my decision for a new amp as well, either the Epiphone Junior Valve half stack or HARLEY BENTON GA5H & G112V, but I've also heard a guitarist playing a mexican fat strat with the Line 6 spider 3 75 watt amp, and it sounds quite good.

Knowing this, should I go for that amp or one of the two half stacks. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan and my reason for learning guitar is to hopefully play their music alot, but I also like other classic Rock & Rollers like The Who, the Rolling Stones and the Beatles. Basically, I am trying to emulate the sound of Jimmy Page with the Mexican fat strat.

One more very important thing is that I am definitely considering getting a telecaster instead of the fat strat, in order to emulate Page's early sound (He used a telecaster in the early days of Led Zeppelin.) So any information about buying a good telecaster/tele copy would be useful. Thanks,

Thanks,
Last edited by Eurozeppelin at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by Eurozeppelin
I'm looking to buy a Mexican HSS Fender Stratocaster (One humbucker, two single coil pick up) later this year.

I've been searching the internet, and I can't really find any good places. I'm in the UK, by the way, so it needs to be at the very least in Europe, and really I would like it to be in the UK.

So I'm looking for a Mexican fat strat, preferably brand new, but it's more important to keep it within £300. I'd also like it to be in sunburst or maybe blue if at all possible.

I'm almost final on my decision for a new amp as well, either the Epiphone Junior Valve half stack or HARLEY BENTON GA5H & G112V, but I've also heard a guitarist playing a mexican fat strat with the Line 6 spider 3 75 watt amp, and it sounds quite good.

Knowing this, should I go for that amp or one of the two half stacks. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan and my reason for learning guitar is to hopefully play their music alot, but I also like other classic Rock & Rollers like The Who, the Rolling Stones and the Beatles. Basically, I am trying to emulate the sound of Jimmy Page with the Mexican fat strat.

Thanks,

You would get closer if you get a fender tele and a VOX AC4TV amp.
Guitar Center?
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
Two things:

!) Isn't the VoxATV4 Amp a tiny little thing that can't make a good sound - is it even suitable for a small pub gig? Did Jimmy really use this amp at the huge Led Zeppelin shows?

2) Does Guitar Center deliver to the UK?
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Two things:

!) Isn't the VoxATV4 Amp a tiny little thing that can't make a good sound - is it even suitable for a small pub gig? Did Jimmy really use this amp at the huge Led Zeppelin shows?

2) Does Guitar Center deliver to the UK?

1. It's 4 watts tube which is loud for home use, I don't think I'd use it for pub gigs. You'd never get a clean sound out of it for that volume. It was only recently "reissued" doubt Page ever used one.
Oh and it's a bloody awesome sound

I'm not sure about 2 sorry.