One song that changed my life in how i look at life was nothing else matters by metallica also would? by alice in chains.
And Fight Fire With Fire by Metallica. My friends bro was way into metallica at that time and he would play their cds so much to the point that i liked that one song then started listening to the rest of their albums if i didn't hear that i wouldn't have loved metal or have picked up a guitar
Last edited by metallica #1 at Aug 22, 2009,
Good Times Bad Times By Led Zeppelin. I knew a total of about 80 songs. I would take a CD to my guitar teacher every lesson and he would show me the riff, when I ran out of CD's, I had a look through my mums old collection and found a Led Zeppelin best of album. I took it to my guitar teacher,without hearing it first, who smiled and put in the CD player. When the first song (Good Times Bad Times) came on. It changed my life. I'm now in to all sorts of blues and rock and roll artists as well as Led Zeppelin, Cream, The Who, The Rolling Stones etc...
I would say the song that changed my life is Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
Quote by metallica #1
One song that changed my life in how i look at life was nothing else matters by metallica

Same for me, heard it for the first ''real'' time when they played it on Live Earth. One another song that really struck me was Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand.
probably something from early megadeth.

tornado defiantly, it introduced me to the band. and onto so much more awesome thrash!
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
You Know You're Right by Nirvana, that was the exact moment when i started lovin Nirvana and get into punk.
Goooooooooooooooood times yep
blessthefall, and Escape the Fate songs, gave me a little more emotional view of the world.
Pink Floyd's "echoes"
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by DollSteak
You Know You're Right by Nirvana, that was the exact moment when i started lovin Nirvana and get into punk.
Goooooooooooooooood times yep

come as you are also changed how i looked at life
Ride the lightining by Metallica. I dont know why but I was out walking one day and I had put this song on my mp3 player. When it came on I was amazed, the riffs, the singing and the solo made me that appreciate type of music and I have loved music liked this ever since
Wish you were here.

Got me into non-****ty music.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Quote by metallica #1
One song that changed my life in how i look at life was nothing else matters by metallica

IMO the black album was a pretty huge fail. Sorry.

As for the question, I don't think any I can point out any songs in particular which changed my life, music in general did it for me.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by loinmute
Pink Floyd's "echoes"

Man. Echoes. I love that song.

I got The Wall album a couple of days after hearing it, and now I also have Wish You Were Here. Comfortably Numb has to have one of the best guitar solos ever played. Echoes introduced me to Gilmour and the great music of Floyd.

I have to say Communication Breakdown and Rock N' Roll by Led Zeppelin. I didn't start REALLY listening to them until I learned these two songs. Now I own all but 2 studio albums, as well as Mothership and Song Remains the Same concert soundtrack. Anybody else think Song Remains the Same and Stairway both sound MUCH better live?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
^ Zeppelin's 1st album a whole blew me into the walls when i first listened 2 it and i mean it was AWESOME! still 2 this day my fav LZ record
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
There are many different songs that have gotten me to listen to different types of metal, and music in general.

These are songs that got me into different stuff
At The Gates - Under A Serpent Sun (Melo. Death Metal)
Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge (Technical Death Metal)
Death - Zombie Ritual (Old Schol Death Metal)
Led Zeppelin - D'yer Maker (Classic rock)
Cynic - Integral Birth (More of a proggy and technical side of music)
Boozoo Chavis - Whole Stole My Monkey? (Zydeco I guess, or Jazz/African American Blues)
Burzum - Det Som En Gang Var (black Metal)

and all of these types of music I am in love with now. Music makes my world go 'round.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Strutter by Kiss
Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Wherever i May Roam by Metallica

These 3 songs introduced me to real music that i listen today.
Last edited by StarChildSammy at Aug 15, 2009,
every song from Frank Zappa's Apostrophe album
Celebration Suite by Return to Forever
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana.

Made me wanna ROCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Gannon Bracewell's

Music

Page!

Check Out My Tab's as well
Quote by GannonBracewell
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana.

Made me wanna ROCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

know what you mean son
I think that listening to Static by Godspeed You! Black Emperor while tripping hard actually did change my life, not just in terms of music but in terms of how I see the world.
two and a half men.
Oh man. There are a lot of 'em. I honestly can't just name one.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
System of a Down - Aerials.

Something about that song just woke something up in me...it inspired me both as a musician and as a writer....the lyrics are particularly great
I wouldn't say any song changed my life... but i think the song Come As You Are by Nirvana showed me a lot about how people really should be more accepting... also One by Metallica definitely helped expand my musical preferences
Last edited by Wah4theWin at Aug 19, 2009,
Breed-Nirvana
Got me back into rock music. I don't even listen to them anymore really but I still acknowledge the fact that without that song I'd still probably be listening to hiphop
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
metallica-for whom the bell tolls. when i was around 11 or 12 i was setting up my xanga account i wanted to put music on my xanga, but i didn't know how to do it so i just copied my bro's code and his song was for whom the bell tolls. eventually i heard it so many times i started listening to the rest of metallica and got hooked on metal. had i not heard that song i wouldn't have kept listening to metal or have taken up the guitar and that's the biggest thing in my life right now and hopefully for a long time.
Slipknot-Before I Forget When I first saw that video, I was kind of sick of everything, sick of music, just sick of the world. I had forgotten about metal, and had been listening to punk for a while, which I just didn't 'feel' & then I saw the Before I Forget video & it really turned my world around. Seriously, I can't explain it, but it sparked my interest back in music, kind of showed me what I wanted to do with my life.
Heart's burst into Fire by BFMV made me pick up the electric... i used to be only acoustic
+1 for all Nirvana songs, the one Smiths song, Zappa, and Godspeed You Black Emperor!

But what the hell is with all the Metallica songs? One is a good song but the rest are pretty meaningless in my opinion.

For me, the song would have to be Lights and Sounds by Yellowcard. It isnt the best song ever, but it got me into music.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Any song by Muse. That band inspired me to appreciate and create music the way I do now.

Also (sort of) is Forty Six & 2 by Tool; I am now greatly intrigued by psychology because of this song.
Quote by Tea time
Jimi Hendrix's Bold as Love

yes, yes, yes

this song still blows me away when i hear it.