ok im not a slash freak but i do own a les paul and i do have alnico 2 pro's in it. i have a vox ac30 and a marshall dsl50 head. anyadvice on eq and pedals used to get that solo sound for sweet child of mine would help. thanks
crank up the dsl 50, and use an eq pedal as a boost and add delay... and use a wah pedal...
For the guitar:
Set it on the neck pickup initially and then set it to the bridge when the wah part comes along.

For the amp:
set it up something similar to
Treb: 11 o'clock
Mid: 2 o'clock
Bass: 2 o'clock
Gain: depending on your amp 10 - 3 o'clock

Take that basic form and adjust till it sounds about right.

Pedals:
Add a bit of delay and a wah and your set.
Last edited by bobweir92 at Aug 12, 2009,
How to get the tone?
Steel Slash's gear.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by TheLetheProject
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure you want to turn down the neck pickup's tone quite a bit.

No. I run my LP full blast on every setting and the tone is perfect. It'll be even closer when I get my Wolfetone alnico II Marshallheads.

Anyways, on the DSL 50 I'd play with the mids at around 1 or 2:00, Treble noon to 2:00, Bass 1:00, Gain noon to 2:00, Master noon at least (you need a good amount of power tube distortion).

On the 800 I use:

Presence noon
Bass noon
Mid 1:00
Treble 2:00
Master 2:00
Preamp 1:00

Neck pickup the whole time except for the bridge between chorus 2 and solo, and for the wah part of the main solo. Use a light chorus on all cleans.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by TheLetheProject
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure you want to turn down the neck pickup's tone quite a bit.

negative. bob is a bit vague (understandably, he's not sitting in front of your rig, after all), but right.

I offer no further guidance as I am not sitting in front of your rig either.
The main thing is going to be the wah. I mean, you can change your settings as much as you want, but without a wah you're probably not going to as close as you want.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by JesusCrisp
How to get the tone?
Steel Slash's gear.

Can't steal his hands.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
No. I run my LP full blast on every setting and the tone is perfect. It'll be even closer when I get my Wolfetone alnico II Marshallheads.

Anyways, on the DSL 50 I'd play with the mids at around 1 or 2:00, Treble noon to 2:00, Bass 1:00, Gain noon to 2:00, Master noon at least (you need a good amount of power tube distortion).

On the 800 I use:

Presence noon
Bass noon
Mid 1:00
Treble 2:00
Master 2:00
Preamp 1:00

Neck pickup the whole time except for the bridge between chorus 2 and solo, and for the wah part of the main solo. Use a light chorus on all cleans.

I've always heard the intro to Sweet Child is a good example of the "woman tone", neck pickup with the tone rolled off.
Quote by stykerwolf
Technically, you could, but you won't be able to use them.

TS: "NHD"
Random UG member: "Whats the H for?"
TS: "New Hand Day!"
UG: "Wtf dude?"

speak for yourself! I imagine the world's greatest cup holder
Quote by bobweir92
For the guitar:
Set it on the neck pickup initially and then set it to the bridge when the wah part comes along.

For the amp:
set it up something similar to
Treb: 11 o'clock
Mid: 2 o'clock
Bass: 2 o'clock
Gain: depending on your amp 10 - 3 o'clock

Take that basic form and adjust till it sounds about right.

Pedals:
Add a bit of delay and a wah and your set.

+1

for the settings though, just do the old fashioned all knobs at 5 then adjust to what your ears think. not too much gain either, especially if your amp is cranked
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.