im looking for a decent distortion pedal that will really give me over the top distortion for when i play really heavy stuff. anyone recommend any good pedals?
im currently looking at the digitech death metal one.

oh and a quick question...do pedals sound the same on every amp? like would it still be as good on a marshall MG 100dfx?

cheers
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
whats your price range
and no some pedals sound really bad through amps especially modelling amps ive been told
erm i would say about £50- 70
xxx

i personally really like the metal zone i use that with my MXR ten band it sounds pretty nice =)
wutever u get dont get the metal master that thing blows it sounds like **** way to much hies no bass
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
yeah i was looking at the metal zone earlier and it looks cool. that metal master does look good actually too
xxx

i'm guessing "like would it be good on a MG" is a way to cover up from getting flamed.

the TL2 is really good to take you over the top imo.
yeah the problem is that my marshall MG100dfx has pretty rubbish distortion which is why everyone hates them so much. so thats why i need a decent pedal, maybe the death metal from digitech or the metal zone?
xxx

If you have the MG100dfx, I suggest a new amp first. A dist pedal really won't help.

But anyway:
TL-2
Blackstar HT-DIST/DIST-X
Maybe the metal muff.

Don't go for the metal zone/death metal, they have worst distortion than the MG.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
If you have the MG100dfx, I suggest a new amp first. A dist pedal really won't help.

But anyway:
TL-2
Blackstar HT-DIST/DIST-X
Maybe the metal muff.

Don't go for the metal zone/death metal, they have worst distortion than the MG.

No pedals can beat the mg's CRUSHING overdrive!

But seriously, crappy pedals usually sounds the same through most amps, and will actually sound better through crappy amps. High end pedals, though, really bring the best of your amp and guitar, wich means you get a completly different from it on differents amps and differents guitars.
throwing a distortion pedal infront of an MG will only bring out the worst in that amp... new amp time bro, but to answer your question, look into the mods for the metal zone... i remember coming across a really sweet one awhile back, but i forgot who did it. metal muff ain't bad either. if you're looking for raunchy, dimebaggian, punch you in the gut with a chainsaw, line6 uber metal. fair warning, that last one is nasty (and i mean that in every way possible) .
No pedals can beat the mg's CRUSHING overdrive!

But seriously, crappy pedals usually sounds the same through most amps, and will actually sound better through crappy amps. High end pedals, though, really bring the best of your amp and guitar, wich means you get a completly different from it on differents amps and differents guitars.[/QUOTE]

+1 so true .

if you got a solid state amp .. get a Line 6 Uber metal and it will sound good . or electro harmonix metal muff .

dont get a high end pedal like a dr boogey or Dual resistafier , cause they just wont sound great through a solid state amp . these pedal are awesome .. but theyre built for tube amp .

my dual resistafier and Mi audio crunch box doesnt sound as good as my cheaper Line 6 Uber metal .. right now ... because i m playing thorugh a roland microcube hook on a 4x12 marshall cab at really low volume .

those boutique stuff need the right set up to come alive .

so if you have a MG ... get a Line 6 uber metal and you should be set for metal stuff . For what it is ... the Uber metal is a great pedal .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Look into the AMT Electronics pedals. Not much more than the boss/digitech stuff, but a lot better sounding distortions (100% analog circuits). They compete sound-wise to the Sansamp stuff from Tech21. I run my AMT DT-2 into the front of a little 20watt SS amp and it sounds great (Fender R.A.D. amp).

Extreme III - http://www.thomann.de/gb/amt_extreme_iii.htm
sound clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5LlmRTFeM0&feature=related

California Sound - http://www.thomann.de/gb/amt_california_sound.htm
sound clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4dh32Zq-w
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Radial Bone pedals...theres about 5 different ones i think and they sound great.....I own the Radial Texas Bone and it sounds great on my Bugera and it even makes my Crate Flexwave sound much better....but thats cause the disto/OD on the flexwave sucks so run it on the clean and you get MUCH better tone. BUT thats just my opinion.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
The Hardwire TL-2 is based off the Metal Zone, FYI.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Sguit
...and will actually sound better through crappy amps...

Care to back this generalization up?
Quote by Mitchell?

I've experienced it first hand.
I hate my sig
Quote by Mitchell?

I think what he's trying to say is that the amp is only capable of so much... a high-end distortion would be a lost cause, not that a cheaper dist would actually sound "better."

or he could mean something else.