Yeah I'm a huge fan of these guys

Just wondering, they used to play all fender stuff

Then Brian got a Les Paul Junior (hey it looked and sounded pretty cool!!!)

But then Alex traded in his rad Jazzmaster for a Les Paul

Anyone know if they are like endorsed by Gibson; and if endorsed by a company, means you have to play only their stuff?
Depends on the terms of the contract you sign. Though you'd have to be spectacularly dumb to sign a contract that says you'll exclusively use a product live/in promotional material.
Quote by CoreysMonster
maybe they just decided to switch to guitars with balls?

Are they gay now?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Maybe they were successful and made enough money to buy expensive thousand dollar Gibsons that they couldn't afford before?
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by MightyAl
Depends on the terms of the contract you sign. Though you'd have to be spectacularly dumb to sign a contract that says you'll exclusively use a product live/in promotional material.

How is that dumb? If you like the stuff and it sounds right, then by all means sign that contract! It's all about the length of the contract that's important. You need to make sure it's up for renegotiation every two years or so.

Besides, just because a band plays Fenders live doesn't mean that's what they use in the studio. Lots of bands record with Les Pauls then go out and play Fenders on the stage (horrible example, but that's how Blink 182 do it. They recorded All the Small Things with a Goldtop '59, I think it was).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
How is that dumb? If you like the stuff and it sounds right, then by all means sign that contract! It's all about the length of the contract that's important. You need to make sure it's up for renegotiation every two years or so.

Besides, just because a band plays Fenders live doesn't mean that's what they use in the studio. Lots of bands record with Les Pauls then go out and play Fenders on the stage (horrible example, but that's how Blink 182 do it. They recorded All the Small Things with a Goldtop '59, I think it was).

You notice your paragraphs are mutually contradictory, right?
Quote by MightyAl
You notice your paragraphs are mutually contradictory, right?

Care to explain? One says if they fit the sound, to use them. The other suggests that they may have been used in the studio, so by using them on stage in lieu of Fenders, the sound will be ever closer to the record. It's all speculation though, since I don't know what Gaslight use specifically (though it sounds like a mix of both).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Theirs an interview with the singer in Total guitar this month, his reason why was...

"When I tried this Gibson "57 Goldtop not only did it seem to have an all round ricer sound than my tele, it also felt like it sat in my hands better"

Their ya go
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by Sid McCall
Care to explain? One says if they fit the sound, to use them. The other suggests that they may have been used in the studio, so by using them on stage in lieu of Fenders, the sound will be ever closer to the record. It's all speculation though, since I don't know what Gaslight use specifically (though it sounds like a mix of both).

OK, your first paragraph is clearly in support of using gear that sounds right.
The second supports the use of gear that sounds right in the studio, and using whatever you can get some jerkoff to pay you to use live.
I saw them at Sasquatch and their lead guitarist was still using the Jazzmaster.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
damn.. well i think the juniors suit Brian but i don't think the traditional do...

Just a shame cause I'm a huge Fender enthusiast, but oh well its still the same damn band!!!