I'm sorry but I couldn't finish watching that video. Not because it sounded particularly bad but because of the sheer lack of any showmanship. Only the frontman looked interested and he was a backing singer! What's up with that? Most of you looked like you wanted to be somewhere else.
I know there's a lot of problems on stage, like not being able to hear yourself, but also I think you should focus solely on the vox. As a band I mean.
Now the bad stuff is over, here's some tips.
Look interested. Start to feel the groove more. Line up as a band, that means straight lines! Lose the feeling of discomfort (that actually makes the audience appreciate your performance less. They'll like you more for really getting into it.)
This may seem harsh but I'm trying to help you improve.
Props for the effort.
Quote by piop
I'm sorry but I couldn't finish watching that video. Not because it sounded particularly bad but because of the sheer lack of any showmanship. Only the frontman looked interested and he was a backing singer! What's up with that? Most of you looked like you wanted to be somewhere else.
I know there's a lot of problems on stage, like not being able to hear yourself, but also I think you should focus solely on the vox. As a band I mean.
Now the bad stuff is over, here's some tips.
Look interested. Start to feel the groove more. Line up as a band, that means straight lines! Lose the feeling of discomfort (that actually makes the audience appreciate your performance less. They'll like you more for really getting into it.)
This may seem harsh but I'm trying to help you improve.
Props for the effort.

Yeh. Most of the band hasn't really gotten into the rocking spirit yet. The frontman is new to the band... our old singer just left us with a gig on our hands so he learned as many songs as he could and I did the rest. The other singer came for a couple tunes that night but mainly it was just me and frontman dude

Ok, the drummer is a little stiff but I can get him going if the song's rocking hard enough. He just needs somebody to rock with him and I'm usually there, but in this vid I was trying to focus on the vocals... as horrid as they may be. lmao

The guitarist in the brown shirt is really stiff but he's one hell of a player. He doesn't get into it like anyone else would, he just kinda spaces out.

The small guitarist is shy as hell and its a wonder he got on stage with us.

The bass guitarist can get going but is worried about screwing up his parts alot of the time so he hangs back and tries to play it right.

The frontman guy that we're trying out gets REALLY into it. It's fun playing with him, but offstage hes a bit of an asshole.

I'm not going to say anything about myself because I dunno. You're supposed to be judging me here, and I'm explaining the people in my band haha

Yeah, the group vocals are shakey. We're really going to work on them though, that's what seperates the good bands from the rest xD.
Sounds like you've done yourself an injustice by posting it then. You seem to have identified all the things you need to work on. What I'm trying to say is when you guys are singing the way you're playing and rocking like the frontman dude, remake and post. I'm sure it'll be time for 5 stars then!
Work on the showmanship like everyone else said. Also your lead player is pretty good. And 3 guitarists is a bit much but I understand you dont want to kick ur friends out i get it. I also thought it was funny how the guy with the mic who I thought was you ended up not singing almost at all! haha

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181383
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
ugh. That's some bad guitar tone. Like, really bad. You have 3 guitars, that's different. But none of them seem really into it. The singer looks like he's Jack Black. You guys sound really new, give it time(and maybe some new amps) and you'l get better.

C4C?
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
ugh. That's some bad guitar tone. Like, really bad. You have 3 guitars, that's different. But none of them seem really into it. The singer looks like he's Jack Black. You guys sound really new, give it time(and maybe some new amps) and you'l get better.

C4C?

Well considering it was recorded on a camcorder I wouldn't expect the sound quality to be amazing. The amps are Marshall JCM 800s (2204's)... really, I wouldn't be dissing guitar tone from live videos because theres just no way you can tell how it really sounded up front at the show.

And yeah, he does look like Jack Black