It seems like far more artist travel with vintage strats and teles where not many are touring with vintage Gibson LP or SG's?

Why?

Thoughts?
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Don't tell me those "No Talent Ass Clowns" are touring with vintage gibsons. I think I can hear Les Paul crying now.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE

Amp
Avid 11R
Because the cool new sound is made by fenders?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Maybe its because more artists preffer vintage Strats to vintage Les Pauls?
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
beaten up old fenders are just fashionable at the moment. and at the same time unfashionable. it's fashionable to be unfashionable..

although i see a trend moving towards vintage gibson "student models" lately too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by Blompcube
beaten up old fenders are just fashionable at the moment. and at the same time unfashionable. it's fashionable to be unfashionable..

Werd.

/thread
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Because most of them aren't really vintage, They're just relic'd ( made to look really old.)

And because Fender has a whole line of relic'd guitars, and I don't think Gibson makes any...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Because most of them aren't really vintage, They're just relic'd ( made to look really old.)

And because Fender has a whole line of relic'd guitars, and I don't think Gibson makes any...

gibson do make relics, i think. but you have to pay a lot of money for them, and they are very very authentic looking - it's something to do with the VOS range which is essentially very accurate replicas of the old models - some are relic'd.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
gibson do make relics, i think. but you have to pay a lot of money for them, and they are very very authentic looking - it's something to do with the VOS range which is essentially very accurate replicas of the old models - some are relic'd.

OK, I've just seen a whole lot more relic'd Fenders then Gibsons.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Those road worn strats play nice, they look faker than the James Hetfield sig.

edit: Gibvson's relics look betterthan Fenders.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I know guys like John Frusciante and others are touring with true vintage instruments, not relics. I was wondering if artist toured with true vintage strats because there are more of them then vintage Gibsons (50's and 60's), or if the vintage Fenders seemed to hold up better.

I am not going to lie, I'd love to get my hands on one of the new John Mayer relic strats that are coming soon. I love the look of a well worn guitar, and I am hoping in 40 years or so my American Designer Series (Sliver Sparkle) strat looks fantasic and well used.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R