As you can tell by my Sig, I am a fan of the Mockingbird shape. Say what you will, thats fine. Its a matter of preference, and I have 2 very well built high end models.

So they came out with a new model. It caught my attention because I havnt seen a Mockingbird with coil taps and a OFR trem.

Picture here:

The part that I'm unsure of, is on the website http://bcrich.com/Mockingbird_st.asp they mention that as well as the coil taps, it has a "reverse phase switch". What exactly does that mean?

I'll probably be posting a NGD in a few months, cant wait to get my hands on this.

Thanks for the info
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
O.O I want it. Now.
The pic you put up= good, but somewhat ugly
The red finish= *insert supermodel/ celebrity name*
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 12, 2009,
I thought this was released quite a while ago... It is very nice though.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by VanTheKraut
O.O I want it. Now.
The pic you put up= good, but somewhat ugly
The red finish= *insert supermodel/ celebrity name*

haha i figured you might
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

Quote by Oosh.
I thought this was released quite a while ago... It is very nice though.

you might be thinking of the Mockingbird Special X in tobacco sunburst....thats been out a while. It doesnt have coil taps, or OFR, and has cloud inlays. I'm pretty sure this ST is new
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Quote by thedekker
you might be thinking of the Mockingbird Special X in tobacco sunburst....thats been out a while. It doesnt have coil taps, or OFR, and has cloud inlays. I'm pretty sure this ST is new

No im sure its this one. It was in there new 09 range. So its been out since the beggining of the year, so you could call it new

Only problem i have with that guitar is the machine heads.. Not too kind on the eye!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Aug 12, 2009,
Phase reversal puts your pickups out of phase so they get a thin kind of sound
it's hard to explain
Quote by Oosh.
No im sure its this one. It was in there new 09 range. So its been out since the beggining of the year, so you could call it new

Only problem i have with that guitar is the machine heads.. Not too kind on the eye!

FINE THEN!!! I just saw it in this months Guitar World Buyers Guide (new for 2010) and figured it was something new...they didnt feature it in the 2009 catalogue

Yeah the machine heads are a little ugly, I'd probably replace them
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

I WANT NOW!
On the topic of Phase Reversal: From what I understand, it thins out the sound, so you get less sustain, but a much heavier sound. And the pickups that come with the guitar, I also understand are heavy, but not that heavy, and have great sustain. So I think it makes it more versatile.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
I'll get one . . . in about a year . . .
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz