Poll: Should colleges be allowed to bar students from carrying legal firearms?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should colleges be allowed to bar students from carrying legal firearms?
No
46 20%
Yes
145 64%
It's up to them...
34 15%
Voters: 225.
Page 1 of 4
My buddy just got an apartment right by our college and he asked me to move in with him. This apartment is about a 20 minute walk through the projects of this city, the most crime-ridden area of this city. We unfortunately dont have cars to get to school so we MUST walk. I 100% of the time carry a firearm with me wherever I go, it makes me feel more confident in the fact that I'll have a better chance of saving my life if I'm ever faced with a life-threatening situation.

Now, my school does not allow firearms on campus, none at all, meaning not even in your car if you are a commuter. So my question is, since I need to walk to school, is my school taking away my right to carry a firearm for self protection? If they won't allow me to bring to school, it also means that they won't allow me to walk with it to school and back home, so I wanna hear your opinions.

Are they taking away my right to carry or is this justified?
You don't have to move into the apartment that forces you to walk through bandit country.
I got kicked out of school because I brought a firearm.

It was my dick.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Last edited by user_nameless at Aug 12, 2009,
I think it's a stupid law and that you should be able to carry anywhere, but they are in fact justified and can legally tell you not to carry when you're on property that they own. It's tough luck, but it's the way it goes.
I wouldn't want to attend a class where the dude next to me has a gun on his belt.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by user_nameless

It was my dick.

Studies show that 100% of school shootings begin with someone who has a gun in school.
They are taking away your right to carry. Responsible citizens carrying firearms would've prevented things like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

Of course, I can't ever expect the liberal, anti-gun Pit/internet to ever understand, so I'll just leave this thread now.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by RentACar
Studies show that 100% of school shootings begin with someone who has a gun in school.

Bury yo' gat in da' ground yo.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM

This.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
You're an idiot if you're bringing a gun in to school. You shouldn't be living without your parents.
I think it's up to the school to decide whether they want people carrying on their property or not.
Quote by etays69
I 100% of the time carry a firearm with me wherever I go?

70% more chance of being killed by a firearm.
read: Virginia Tech

Honestly, I hate guns. More than anything. I mean if they were never invented, the world would be so much better right now. We should just take all the guns in the world and launch them on a satelite in space, or burn them or something.
Last edited by due 07 at Aug 12, 2009,
Learn some Bruce Lee moves and harden the **** up!

Guns should not be on school grounds.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Dealer16
I wouldn't want to attend a class where the dude next to me has a gun on his belt.

Due to concealed weapons permits, you wouldn't even know they had it. And, you'd be happy they did if some nut case kid with an assault rifle cracked and decided to start murdering random people. The "dude" next to you might be the only chance you have at staying alive.
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Texas was talking about passing a law that would allow college students who were legally licensed for concealed carry to have a firearm on their person while attending classes at college, however I have heard nothing else of it passing or not. Personally I feel that it should be passed. With more and more shootings in schools lately I feel that it would greatly reduce the risk of one person deciding to shoot up a school if they knew that other people on campus had guns as well. Considering the fact that my college has no on campus security, it would reduce the risk greatly for us.

I do believe in the Bill of Rights and especially the 2nd Amendment that grants each American citizen the right to bare arms in defense of himself, property, home, and nation. I also agree that certain citizens who have been convicted of violent crimes should not have the right to possess a firearm, so the laws regarding that I feel are justified. Now that being said, I dont think that you should "buck the system" simply because you are living in a bad neighborhood because no one forced you to live there.

But I heard it once said that; "The gun is the great equalizer. People dont walk into a police station and going on killing sprees because every one inside is carrying a gun."
Quote by diminishedtobme
I hate how I cant carry my gun into the white house.

There are armed guards there. How many colleges have you been to that have armed guards that could prevent a shooting?
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Quote by cokronk
There are armed guards there. How many colleges have you been to that have armed guards that could prevent a shooting?

My college has its own police station!
I thought "No" said colleges shouldn't allow firearms, so I pressed that....I meant they should bar students....

FUUUUUUUU-
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by cokronk
Due to concealed weapons permits, you wouldn't even know they had it. And, you'd be happy they did if some nut case kid with an assault rifle cracked and decided to start murdering random people. The "dude" next to you might be the only chance you have at staying alive.

Well you might just be that crazy maffakka that snaps.

//
Note Too self share my Klondike bar whit cokronk.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I'm not anti-gun, but nobody should bring a gun to school. If someone was rage, then the difference between a bloody nose and a death is that.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Are you retarded or something?

GUNS at schools?

No. Just no.
I'm going in;

Rambo style
Quote by GisleAune
If nobody carried guns, nobody would have something to fear.

Exactly. I think the correct term here is "this".
Quote by cokronk

So you're saying that to stop killings from people that bring guns to schools is to allow more people to bring guns to schools?

Quote by RentACar

lol
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Quote by GisleAune
If nobody carried guns, nobody would have something to fear.

So until all firearms are destroyed (nevAr), we should be able to defend ourselves from those that wish us harm.
Quote by user_nameless

It was my dick.
Well done.
Balls.
Quote by due 07
Exactly. I think the correct term here is "this".

But those who want guns will always be able to get them. Taking away the right for responsible citizens to keep and bare arms takes away responsible peoples ability to defend themselves.
Quote by fr33t0m
+1 It's sad more people haven't voted no.

I voted yes, obviously not my opinion. Reading comprehension > me.
No. TS, you're an idiot. If I was a mugger, and I guy I jumped had a gun, i'd be way more likely to act rashly/panic and shoot him before he could shoot back. Your safer without a gun.

Also, I bet 90% of the people who claim having people on campus with guns would protect them from whackos who want to shoot up the school would be horrified if the government ever suggested armed guards at schools.
Quote by diminishedtobme
My college has its own police station!

The University in the town I live in does too. I think they have maybe one or two on duty campus cops for several thousand people.

We had a double murder suicide of two kids who's father gunned them down on campus the week before school started and then killed himself. I think the two campus cops were chillin in their office when that happened.
Quote by Dealer16
So you're saying that to stop killings from people that bring guns to schools is to allow more people to bring guns to schools?

Yes, we all know that more guns = less shootings.

Seriously, do you guys really think that if a maniac entered your classroom with a ****ing assault rifle you'd have the balls to get up and shoot him? You'd be pissing your pants while crying for your mommy.
Quote by Pencil Man
I'm not anti-gun, but nobody should bring a gun to school. If someone was rage, then the difference between a bloody nose and a death is that.

Quote by flamster
Are you retarded or something?

GUNS at schools?

No. Just no.

I believe OP is talking college level schools. 18+
Quote by RentACar

I dissagree
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer