Hey UG,
I'm looking to learn some easy metal solos to improve my soloing skills. It can be any sort of metal. So far I can conquer these solos:

Enter sandman
Master Of Puppets (first solo, tips on how to do the 2nd one?)
Fade to Black (the first 2 solos)
Welcome Home (first solo)
Sad But True (First half of main solo)
One (Tapping part)
And a few other easy ones which i cant remember ><

What other metal solos do you suggest I should try and learn?
Honestly the second solo to MOP is not that dificult, the first part, well its really just one riff over and over again. And the solo as a whole is about 4 different ones. The hardest part in that solo is the last part. If you work at that solo, it took me about a half hour, however I have been playing 3 and 1/2 years, but if you can get that down, it would help you out dramatically. There are a lot of legatoing techniques he uses in that solo. Another one with a lot of good Legato is Dying in Your Arms by Trivium. If those are too hard, go for some Maiden, maybe both solos in The Trooper. Crazy Train is also a good solo.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
She Wolf - Megadeth
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Try the solo to "December Flower" by In Flames.. I wouldn't suggest tuning your guitar all the way to C for it.. But it's got some nice guitar work in there. Pretty easy and basic as well.
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Are you willing to do anything different than metal? Or are you to "br00talz" and scared to venture out of palm muting and shredding? Oh I kid just like jking said, the MOP solo is pretty reppetitive.
Quote by Killswitch666
Try the solo to "December Flower" by In Flames.. I wouldn't suggest tuning your guitar all the way to C for it.. But it's got some nice guitar work in there. Pretty easy and basic as well.

Why not? A change of strings would be in order to do so but it sounds really good once your guitar is set up for it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Why not? A change of strings would be in order to do so but it sounds really good once your guitar is set up for it.

It does sound great. I tune to D though. Anyways..
I was just assuming by his list of Metallica songs, he'd rather be playing in standard.
His choice overall though Lol
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Quote by Killswitch666
It does sound great. I tune to D though. Anyways..
I was just assuming by his list of Metallica songs, he'd rather be playing in standard.
His choice overall though Lol

It's not a 'choice', it's what I can play so far, and i'm more than happy to expand into other metal bands...
You like Metallica . . . so don't forget Nothing Else Matters.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
You like Metallica . . . so don't forget Nothing Else Matters.

ah yeah, thats one i forgot to list that i've learnt :P
haha nice to find someone like me...

i got the Nothing Else Matters, Fade to Black (intro solo and the first solo), Sanitarium (intro solo and the first solo), master of puppets (interlude solo), Enter Sandman and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and You Shook Me All Night long...

umm im working on Ride the Lightning, its pretty tough but give it a shot, Harvester of Sorrow is easy and so is To Live is to Die, im learning those to
RAW POWER
black widow
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Crystal Mountain by Death isn't that hard.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
nothing else matters- metallica and Them bones- Alice in Chains( not the most metal songs but great solos which arnt to hard)

Crystal moutain by Death is a good solo to learn to get better (proberly wont be easy at 1st : but good to learn)

or megadeth -Trust

Tornado of Souls - Megadeth
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by Killswitch666

+OVER 9000!!!!!

If he can find a tab for it, he just needs to move everything four frets down, since it's tuned four half steps down, in order to play in standard.
Quote by darkcheef
Joke?

If its too hard, maybe try Sixpounder or Bed of Razors by Children of Bodom, maybe learn some of Damaged by John 5, obviously not the high speed stuff.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
crazy train is relatively simple, the thing about the 2nd MoP solo for me was the intro to it which i just worked on slowly until i got it after that it was pretty much whammy bar dives and pinch harmonics
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
the first solo in "rock you like a hurricane" lol.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Shadows Fall - Redemption
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by darkcheef
Are you willing to do anything different than metal? Or are you to "br00talz" and scared to venture out of palm muting and shredding? Oh I kid just like jking said, the MOP solo is pretty reppetitive.

u dont really know much about metal do u?
Check out some of Marty Friedman's solo albums, not the first one though! The first album is way to challenging.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb
Check out some of Marty Friedman's solo albums, not the first one though! The first album is way to challenging.

Someones gotta make a good tab of Viper and Black Orchid
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by Archieisted
u dont really know much about metal do u?

"u dont know how to read and spell do u?"

I said it was a joke in the post, and my ipod is half filled with metal.
Last edited by darkcheef at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by KiraIBZ
Tornado of Souls - Megadeth

Might as well tell him to learn Concerto by Cacophony...
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Zangetsu 101

Well.. Im trying to learn the fingering for Tornado of Souls, I dont expect to play it at full speed for a while, but a the same time it will introduce me to new finger motions that I havent really used before.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by Zangetsu 101

I love that song
Dialogue With the Stars by In Flames
Intermezzo Liberte by Arch Enemy
Losfer Words by Iron Maiden

3 instrumentals with lengthy solo-like sections that you should definately check out. Dialogue With the Stars in particular helped improve my technique tremendously, and it isn't actually that difficult.
Quote by Killswitch666

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that both Lunar Strain and The Jester Race are in D
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's