Since a few weeks I notice that my Fender FM212R does not have enough punch. I checked the internet and did some research.

It seems that I need a Tube amp when I want to buy something for the long run. Now I discribe my situation:

I play at home every day, this is my main use for the amp. However, up to three times a week I practise with a friend at his place. My Fender is too heavy to transport since I live on the 2nd floor and thus need to go down 2 stairs with it a few times a week. It weights 21 kilo's and its form is VERY unpractical.

My eyes fell on a Bugera 6262 (combo or head+cabinet). It probably has very good sound, but the combo weights 28 kilo and the head 20, thats not better at all then my fender!

I also know the wattage of the Fender (and by that, also the wattage of the bugera) is more then I need, so I could buy a smaller amp to have great sound and a nice weight to carry around!

The problem is, I don't find a small good amp for a decent price!

Most of the time I play Metallica and Black Sabbath, i will never get heavier but it should handle All Metallica songs perfectly. But I do play some less heavy music than metallica, sometimes even clean music so the clean should be OK to.

Now, the options that I had in mind:
Bugera 6262 combo + 15 watt Peavey Vypyr (to take to my friend, but I am afraid that the Vypyr sucks too hard compared to the bugera so I would not be happy with it??)

Bugera 6262 stack (but that doesnt bring that much benefit according to the Fender FM since the Bugera head alone weights 20 kilo's and the Fender 20.)

But the best is: a Tube Amp that has the great sound of the Bugera, the price of a Bugera, but a small size and weight! (The Ideal Tube wattage would be around 30 to 50 Watts I think, I would like to gig with it in future in small places without mic)

Please, come with very much appreciated advice!

My Guitar is an Epiphone Korina Explorer totally stock (might change the pickups in future)

Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
You could do the bugera and a 2x12 it might not be lighter, but its less awkward to carry then a combo I find.
But a Cabinet is pretty expensive, Would a Marshall MC212 130 Watt be able to deliver me a good sound out of the amp? Since thats about the only one in my price range.

Or a Laney LX 412A 200 Watt ? (its a 4 speaker one)

It sounds as boring as any other E guitar to me. It's called Korina since its based on the 1958 Gibson Korina Explorer but it has been doubted if this Epiphone re-issue really has a Korina Body. It has a great sustain though!

Which Lanely amp + Pedal would you suggest?

I forgot to mention, I do not like it at all as the sound sounds fake/computer made. I like the "natural sound" of my Fender but its just not punchy enough AT ALL.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Last edited by RMB at Aug 12, 2009,
Bugera 6262 + Blackstar HT-5 to take to your friends place. Would be expensive.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
We also need a budget.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
I play with another guitarist and a drummer and a singer, we are looking for a Bassist too.

The Bugera PLUS HT-5 is WAY to expensive for me The VOX amp is a moddeling amp what I try to prevent.

The Marshall is a pretty good option but I don't know where to buy it in my area, after checking it on Youtube it seems to be more of a clean channel amp.

Already much thanks for the advice!

My budget is max 600 Euro.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Last edited by RMB at Aug 12, 2009,
I forgot to mention, I would really like a built in Reverb

At the moment I think I'll go for the Bugera.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Can somebody tell be what will be better:

A 6262 + cheap cabinet (200 euro) or a 6262combo with stock speakers?
(this cab for instance)
http://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/EUR/Laney-LX-412A-Cabinet-schraeg-200-Watt-8-Ohm-4x12-Box/art-GIT0013738-000
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Last edited by RMB at Aug 13, 2009,
The combo will be fine.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000