I won a vetta combo on ebay for 600$ /w floorboard but my friend is offering me a peavey xxx 212 combo for 700$ /w foot-switch and an extra pair of JJs. I cover a lot of A7X, All That Remains, and As I Lay Dying. I don't care about versatility just sound quality. which one should I get?
Last edited by Snake0391 at Aug 12, 2009,
Xxx
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
That's tough. I've played my friend's XXX and love it. but lots of people recommend the Vetta, but I haven't tried it out yet.
vetta is pretty versatile, but if u want something specific, the XXX is good at wat it does
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The Triple XXX was discontinued and replaced by the 3120 if that helps you make your decision at all. I've owned the XXX and it was awesome. Make sure you have a good cab though... The XXX will react with cheap speakers horribly and flood them with bass and mids.
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
And I don't know about the Vetta, but the XXX also has a very useful Direct Line out to play with headphones at night, and/or awesome recording and studio purposes.
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
If you are looking for that 'one tone', don't go modelling. You already got the Vetta, as you won the bid, so take it and flip it, probably sell it for more.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."