hey heres this melody i wrote earlier and im wondering if its been used before. ive asked my family and they said they dont recognize it but maybe they just havnt heard it.

mainly talkin about the part past bar 8

thanks
Attachments:
Newone1.gp5
it sounds strangely familiar.....maybe only cause you suggested that....
if not, good stuff man, i really dig the melody.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
i only recognize the first two bars. But im sure almost every progression possible has been used before so i mean =/.
yea the first 8 bars im not really worried about, its just something i wrote quickly to build up to the other melody. thanks for the help guys
It doesn't sound too familiar, but it does sound good
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
Sounds familiar, made me think of Jason Becker, not sure why though. I don't think he had melodys in his songs that are similar or anything like that.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Sounds very familiar to me. Can't quite place my finger on what it might be though. Some kind of traditional thing maybe? Either way though, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's all about presentation.
I like it on piano, it sounds nice
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by icronic
Sounds very familiar to me. Can't quite place my finger on what it might be though. Some kind of traditional thing maybe? Either way though, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's all about presentation.

so if i posted this without asking if sounds familiar would you have thought it was a rip off when listening to this?

i mainly dont wanna finish the song and record it then people thinking of it as a rip off when they are listening to it.
Quote by rkay
so if i posted this without asking if sounds familiar would you have thought it was a rip off when listening to this?

i mainly dont wanna finish the song and record it then people thinking of it as a rip off when they are listening to it.

No probably not, like I said, it's all in the presentation. Once you start adding more instruments, it'll start sounding much less familiar and much more unique. That's just the way it works.

I don't think there are many original ideas left. Only unique and original ways of presenting an old idea.
hey man, i think your in the clear. it sounds pretty original to me. i cant place it with anything. its a really nice peice aswell. would be cool if you reposted it when its finished
awesoem guys thanks. yea maybe in a few weeks ill actually finish it and post it. but dont plan on it any time soon, i take very long to finish songs.

and if u liked it you should check out my other song i posted thats finished. its in my sig
i think icronic needs to go die already along with carl6661

EDIT: me and you are recording tomorrow right rkay?
Last edited by justtryme at Aug 12, 2009,
since you guys think i could use it i worked on it a lil more and figured ill post it.
i pretty much just decorated what is there and made it sound better.
tell me what u think
Attachments:
Newone1.gp5