Quick question, is it possible to install a FR trem on an originally fixed bridge guitar? specific example is on a Gibson BFG. and if it is, how much roughly would it cost to get done?

thanks in advance
It is, only if there is room in the guitar for it. I'm not sure but I think it's an expensive job. Your almostbetter off buying a guitar with a floyd, but that's my opinion.
You can its possible. If its worth it is another question, it will cost a bomb but maybe if you could contact a luthier, a local one then they might do it for cheaper
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Yes it's possible. You can put any bridge on any guitar. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend to do it.
How much would it cost? Not counting the cost of buying the floyd itself, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 US.

the reason you're not getting a straight answer is probably because most people think it's not worth doing it.

1. For the price of the bridge, and paying someone to do it, you cold likely just get another guitar that already has a floyd. Maybe just slightly more..

2. To install it requires major woodwork, routing out some wood to make room for the floyd. And it essentially ruins the guitar's resale value.

3. You will probably enjoy more having the 2nd guitar, one with a floyd, one without

4. You will proably regret ruining your guitar to put in the floyd.

Just some thoughts..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
yes but alot of routing, of the body then the installation of a locking nut.

you might aswell get a gibson LP axecess
it's possible alright, but some MAJOR modifying is at hand here.
Are you sure you want to do something as major as that?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Yeh, You would have to completely rout out enough space to install, Re-finish, and all that stuff...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Not worth it on a BFG. A regular Paul maybe, but not a BFG. For starters, I've never seen an F-spaced P-90. Second ... you really want to invest that much into a guitar that's designed to be cheap and unfinished?

That's like installing a dash kit on a car with no upholstry.
Quote by jonmo1
Yes it's possible. You can put any bridge on any guitar. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend to do it.

Actually that's not true many guitars aren't thick enough to accommodate a floyd rose system
You can, It'll be to expensive though, have you looked at the Gibson Les Paul Acxess though? that comes with a FR on a gibson Les Paul.
Some strats have a FR without extra routing [so it can dive only].

Why not do the same for a LP? Less routing that way [but you will still need some
as most LPs aren't string-thru IIRC].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by ibrahimasood
You can, It'll be to expensive though, have you looked at the Gibson Les Paul Acxess though? that comes with a FR on a gibson Les Paul.

But it is like over $3,000 and the most the job could be is $600.
what about a bigsby?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Try out some ESP's if you want a good les paul with floyd rose that wont cost $3000. Problem is if you dont like the floyd after a while, you ruined the resale value of your guitar and your left with a guitar you wont like playing. However, with an entirely new guitar that already has a floyd, you dont have to worry about any of that.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I have done it before, Was not that hard at all then again Ive been a custom wood worker for the last 15 years, I got a good deal on an OFR from craigs list a couple years ago before I got my Razorback V and my Loomis C7fr I had this no name string through strat style guitar I made 5 jigs 2 for the front, 2 for the back, 1 for the nut I had to take it slow but it worked out great.
If you don't wanna mess with a ****-ton of routing, look at Kahler 2200 series.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?