Alright, I know this isn't ultimate-noob.com, but for right now pretend you're there. I figured I would post this in "guitars" unless these kinds of threads are forbidden (I could imagine they might get tedious)

There are 3 guitars I am considering since I have had it with my Fender Starcaster from Target:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNTX-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=515169

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-S424CR-Electric-Guitar?sku=515348

I am pairing it with a Spider III 15W amp and no effects. I like metal and hard rock (well not really but thats all I could really play, no mathcore for me )

Or hey, you guys are the experts you could reccomend me one instead.
I would suggest replacing your amp first, my starcaster sounded great through a good amp, but if you must get a new guitar, i would get the Kramer. Kramer FTW!
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
well... im assuming its a SQUIER strat, not fender ('by fender' doesnt count).

you have a classic n00b setup, cheap guitar, and crappy amp. we've all been there. ive been there.

an amp would be a better choice for tone, but with your budget, unless you want to save up its better you get a guitar. those choices are good, but go to a shop and play a couple, find one you like. most importantly, find one that FEELS good in your hands.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
well... im assuming its a SQUIER strat, not fender ('by fender' doesnt count).

you have a classic n00b setup, cheap guitar, and crappy amp. we've all been there. ive been there.

an amp would be a better choice for tone, but with your budget, unless you want to save up its better you get a guitar. those choices are good, but go to a shop and play a couple, find one you like. most importantly, find one that FEELS good in your hands.

It's not a Strat, It's a Starcaster, They're these little things that cost like 80 bucks for a guitar and a little amp...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by sw1ss023
I would suggest replacing your amp first, my starcaster sounded great through a good amp, but if you must get a new guitar, i would get the Kramer. Kramer FTW!

I still have my starcaster as my only guitar, and it still sounds kinda bad through a micro cube, it's just really muddy and dull. :\

On topic: I don't know, they all look nice! but if you go for Ibanez, get the RG2EX1, it has better pickups at the same price.

EDIT: the Ibanez and kramer look nice, the dean looks okay.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 12, 2009,
Yeah I've seen a lot of Spider hating, but it serves my purposes for now. I was playing someones Fender Bullet for awhile and I came back to my starcaster and the action was just atrocious even after changing strings. Think about it, a Fender Bullet, $50 more than the Starcaster (yes it's not a real Fender) has in my opinion action twice as good as mine, so just thinking about a $300 guitar is mind-blowing (at least with my experience obviously )
i have the kramer with a maple neck (check profile for pics, it looks beautiful). it's alright, definitely not a main guitar. the action is bad, and it doesnt stay in tune like it should, so you would definitely have to set it up if u plan on keeping it as a main guitar
It's all about feel
Quote by shadow6463
Yeah I've seen a lot of Spider hating, but it serves my purposes for now. I was playing someones Fender Bullet for awhile and I came back to my starcaster and the action was just atrocious even after changing strings. Think about it, a Fender Bullet, $50 more than the Starcaster (yes it's not a real Fender) has in my opinion action twice as good as mine, so just thinking about a $300 guitar is mind-blowing (at least with my experience obviously )

But you can change the action really easy...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Ahh whatever you call it, playability, whatever. The frets are bad, the intonation is all wrong, the single-coil pickups are inadequate. I'm just ready to move on.
Just picked up playing guitar again, using justinguitars beginner course for now...

Mainly a drummer rocking Tama w/ Sabian + Zildjian Cymbals
Quote by shadow6463
Ahh whatever you call it, playability, whatever. The frets are bad, the intonation is all wrong, the single-coil pickups are inadequate. I'm just ready to move on.

haha kk..
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
The Line 6 is crap. If your looking for a better tone, change the amp.

If you're looking for playability, get a new guitar. Out of those options I would go with the Ibanez or Kramer. The Dean sucks and is overpriced because of Dave Mustaine's. Dean guitars only get decent in the mid-high range. And just for the future, avoid anything with Dimebag's name on it.

You'll have to try both the Ibanez and Kramer, and judge on what you think is best. Don't bother with the Dean.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 12, 2009,
new kramers are aweful

go for second hand and you can get a good quality guitar, try a jackson
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by potatohead_33
The RG321 is great for the price

agreed
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX