I am making my own technical death metal music with some friends. I have the riffs down, the solos down, and the lyrics down.

I want to start recording but I want the best possible way to do it on a budget.

I already have a Line 6 POD UX1 I don't like the choices of amps and they all sound crappy and low end in pod farm.

I also have a Samson CO1U USB Mic and a little 15 Watt fender with a Metal Muff pedal and a Vox 487A.

Now, I always thought that the professionals used High End Audio Interfaces with mega good preamps but I see that the way they record guitar with their amps and a mic. SO this confuses me.

My amp actually sounds pretty good with this combo for its size so maybe I should mic it to record.

But my questions are

1) What is the need for expensive audio interfaces if professionals just mic their amps?

2) Are there any examples of professionals who record through Audio Interfaces?

3) What is better for recording guitar: A dynamic Mic or a Condenser Mic?
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by Cowslayer

I already hae a Line 6 POD UX1 I don't like the choices of amps and they all sound crappy and low end in pod farm.

Have you bought the Metal Shop Pack for the UX1? It was the first thing I did when I got the thing.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Have you bought the Metal Shop Pack for the UX1? It was the first thing I did when I got the thing.

Hmmm. I have never even heard of that. Ive never seen it on the Line 6 website. It was made by Line 6 right? Cause the only add on Ive seen is POD Farm Platinum.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.