I stumbled across the Line 6 Pod Studio GX, which looks just like what I want. However, i want to know if it fits what I want to play. I like to play clean acoustic songs and ballads, and several types of metal (old school metal, power metal)

And is it any good? Does it have a good sound? Is it good for recording stuff?

I have a Mac. Does it work with that?
the POD Studios can get whatever sound you want out of them. Yes, it works with Macs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
the POD Studios can get whatever sound you want out of them. Yes, it works with Macs.

Thanks. Anyone else? Line 6 is known for their bad Spider III amps, right?
Yes they are, but you're talking about two completely different things here.

digital modeling gear for recording and a cheap ass digital modeling amp for beginners.
The POD range is generaly considered to be pretty good (though differant people have differant tastes).
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
i hear it has latency issues
meaning that u hear the note through ur mac speakers a few seconds after u play the note
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
meaning that u hear the note through ur mac speakers a few seconds after u play the note

I've read the opposite in nearly all reviews of it.
i asked about it here on UG, and people said go with guitar rig and that the line 6 has latency issues
never tried the line 6 out tho, so im just talking like an idiot
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder

Maybe if you set it up wrong...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i don't have any latency issues...
i think its great :-)

i've heard the odd person say they had latency issues with the toneport but i haven't heard anyone have issues with the newer version, podstudio.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by soloXshredder

that is completly dependent on your computer and has nothing to do with the program itself.

speaking as a gx owner, i can say that it sounds like dog sh1t. I will also say that if that puts you off, you are missing the point. it is handy with lots of useful features as well as plenty things to play around with.

if you use the recording output of an amp and use the gx as a speaker sim, you can get a half decent tone. you will need to play around with presents and the parametric eq though.
my friend has one and its great. he actually uses it as a bass amp for church. he had latency issues when he got it, but making sure all programs are closed, setting up the bit rate, etc have made it have 0 latency. for cheap good recordings the pod studio rules
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by no_thing101
that is completly dependent on your computer and has nothing to do with the program itself.

Okay.

speaking as a gx owner, i can say that it sounds like dog sh1t. I will also say that if that puts you off, you are missing the point. it is handy with lots of useful features as well as plenty things to play around with.

I want to use it as my recording amp and main amp, though. Is it suited for that?

if you use the recording output of an amp and use the gx as a speaker sim, you can get a half decent tone. you will need to play around with presents and the parametric eq though.

Okay.