ugh. That's some bad guitar tone.

Just kidding , does sound a little buzz-sawish though. What kind of amp are you playing through?

How long have you been playing? Overall it wasn't too bad but you really need to work on timing and your galloping (during the verses). Iron Maiden isn't easy, there'll always be those metal elitists who tell you that... but no. You look like a newer player and if you are, props for doing that well on it.

A little improv on the solo never hurt anyone and you pulled it off nicely.

Just keep practicing and you'll get better... work on your timing and galloping as said before and build your finger strength. You need it for the signature maiden hammer-ons/pulloffs.
Quote by Superstrat101
ugh. That's some bad guitar tone.

Just kidding , does sound a little buzz-sawish though. What kind of amp are you playing through?

How long have you been playing? Overall it wasn't too bad but you really need to work on timing and your galloping (during the verses). Iron Maiden isn't easy, there'll always be those metal elitists who tell you that... but no. You look like a newer player and if you are, props for doing that well on it.

A little improv on the solo never hurt anyone and you pulled it off nicely.

Just keep practicing and you'll get better... work on your timing and galloping as said before and build your finger strength. You need it for the signature maiden hammer-ons/pulloffs.

buzz sawish. Thats what I was aiming for

And I've been playing for 2 years should I be better?
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
buzz sawish. Thats what I was aiming for

And I've been playing for 2 years should I be better?

It's not that you're bad... like I said, it's not easy to play Iron Maiden. The main problems I'm seeing is how you're playing the galloping parts in the verse and the timing at which you start and stop playing on the main riff.

Just a little practice. It's a hard song
its not too bad, but it does need work. your timing is off in a lot of parts, the chorus and the solos in particular. Also the trill riffs sounded a bit off, i think you may be missing a note somewhere. I think that the galloping parts should be palm muted as well.
So keep at it, work on the timing and really sit down and learn the solos properly, oh and please turn down the treble and even the tone on the guitar, your overall tone is very harsh
Gear
Laney VC15
PRS Tremonti SE Black
Yamaha Pacifica 112J OVS
Ibanez AW15ECE
Ibanez TS-808 RI
EHX Small Clone USA
EXH Deluxe Big Muff Pi Distorter Compressor
Boss DD3
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
It was ok, but your solo is off. check out my cover of the solo. It's on my profile under mp3s I did it without a backtrack.
As stated earlier you need to work on that tone a bit, you might want to upgrade your amp perhaps, try and do something about that buzzing

And yeah, work on those gallops, you got all the notes right but you need to work on your notation, such as you not palm muting notes that should be palm muted in the verse and chorus

Also you like so tight and robtronic man, in the words of Jack Black "Loosey goosey baby, loosey goosey"

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1182944