All of a sudden, my Jackson DK2 completely detuned after I did some whammy bar stuff. What's the problem? I did absolutely no tinkering with it for months now. It's a licensed Floyd Rose trem on there. The springs look fine in the back, I have no clue why it suddenly ****s up every time I use it. I retuned my guitar, tried some whammy stuff again and it ****ed up.

Any help?
Sounds like its your nut not locking properly.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Either you're not locking everything correctly, or the bridge's knife edges have worn out.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Either you're not locking everything correctly, or the bridge's knife edges have worn out.

That's what I was afraid of. I tightened the locking nut as much as I could though. How could I tell if the knife edges have worn out?
Quote by AzureNight
That's what I was afraid of. I tightened the locking nut as much as I could though. How could I tell if the knife edges have worn out?

you could try looking at them, for starters.

I missed this.
Quote by AzureNight

The screws from the nut may be stripped. The thing about the locking nut is if you tighten it too much the screws will be stripped eventually and will have to be replaced.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']you could try looking at them, for starters.

I missed this.
No need to be a smart ass. What part is the "knife edges"? I looked at some Floyd Rose diagrams and no such part was labeled. That's why I was asking.
Quote by AzureNight

This could be it, You may have overtightened them. Only screw it in until it is snug (And then just a little more) You aren't supposed to tighten it like crazy, You're not holding up the golden gate bridge. Not only does tightening screws like mad strip them but it probably puts strain on the wood.

Hmm... I may have come off a bit harsh.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
This could be it, You may have overtightened them. Only screw it in until it is snug (And then just a little more) You aren't supposed to tighten it like crazy, You're not holding up the golden gate bridge. Not only does tightening screws like mad strip them but it probably puts strain on the wood.

Hmm... I may have come off a bit harsh.

I just restrung the guitar. The part that I believe is the knife edge is definitely not dull. I won't tighten it that much this time, we'll see what happens. If it's still ****ed I have no choice and I'll take it to the shop.
Quote by AzureNight
I just restrung the guitar. The part that I believe is the knife edge is definitely not dull. I won't tighten it that much this time, we'll see what happens. If it's still ****ed I have no choice and I'll take it to the shop.

If you just restrung it you need to stretch the strings before it will return perfectly.
Quote by littlephil
If you just restrung it you need to stretch the strings before it will return perfectly.

By "just" I mean like right now, after I started this thread. It seems to be fine. It must have been my old ass strings or something else.