Page 1 of 4
Pretty simple, the only requirement is the book (or series) must have been released after you were born.

I honestly think that the only novels that have a chance are the Harry Potter books, Twilight might be giving it a run for it's money right now but it will fade once the fans finish puberty.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
The Road by Cormac McCarthy perhaps.

i think AN Wilson's My Name is Legion will develop quite a following.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Unfortunately, probably Twilight books thanks to the millions of brainwashed moronic girls!

Harry Potters will go down in history,

plus Da Vinci Code as mentioned above
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Da Vinci Code definitely, but it will be the whole Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown
Twilight it's popularity is insane
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Harry Potter maybe, also perhaps Stephen Kings Dark Tower series (although the Gunslinger was published before I was born)

Twilight is too much of a fad IMO it doesn't really have anything going for it in a literary sense, so I doubt it will hold up very well.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Aug 12, 2009,
^I thought The Road was interesting, and I really do like Cormac McCarthy, but it's not something that will be remembered for long.

Twilight.... is just another teen saga. I didn't like it much.

Harry Potter is decently written, and is entertaining to a larger audience. It has its flaws, like anything, but of the popular books, that series has the best chance.

This generation doesn't stand much of a chance for any legacies in any artistic platforms.

Edit: I am fond of The Dark Tower series, but I don't see it gathering much of a following. I can already tell it's one you would either love or hate.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Last edited by faint_spirit at Aug 12, 2009,
Maybe The Perks of Being a Wallflower can have some sort of legacy, but I don't know if it's popular enough. Harry Potter definitely has a chance.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
books?

havining influence?

why that's preposterous!
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by thsrayas
Pretty simple, the only requirement is the book (or series) must have been released after you were born.

I honestly think that the only novels that have a chance are the Harry Potter books, Twilight might be giving it a run for it's money right now but it will fade once the fans finish puberty.

I agree with HP.
Harry Potter fasho. We grew up with those mothas. When we're trying to get our kids to read real books, guess what most of us will give them?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Harry Potter, Twilight is just going to be a passing fad in my opinion, no matter what people try and claim its popularity is nowhere near that of Harry Potter.
I'd have to agree with everyone saying Harry Potter, because they are actually well written, particularly the last two.

While Da Vinci Code pretty much took the world by storm a few years ago, I've heard it's not really that great a book (although I'm one of the few people who've not read it so I can't really say from experience).

Twilight is just a teen fad, and if I've learnt anything from boybands and yo-yos, it's that liking twilight will be the most embarrasing thing ever in a few years.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Bushonmyhead

I lol'd a lot.
Have half a lolstack (I gave you an extra half face, for good measure).

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by xaviergray
I hope it's House of Leaves, in a cult favourite kind of way.

That was sort of a fad too, although it at least has something going for it in that it's creative and different, but that book sort of waned in popularity then the authors next book was a dud and he kind of fell off the face of the earth.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
That was sort of a fad too, although it at least has something going for it in that it's creative and different, but that book sort of waned in popularity then the authors next book was a dud and he kind of fell off the face of the earth.

I have not been able to get into Only Revolutions at all, not a fan of stream of consciousness. I've been wondering where all the praise the publisher cites in my copy comes from. But House of Leaves was one of my favourite books, despite the gimmick it actually had a decent plot (or should I say 2 plots).
Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, etc.

Even though their kinda formulaic, they're really good books. I hope the last book is as good as te first one though.

Also, Harry Potter fo sho.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Harry Potter for sure. Possibly something like The Da Vinci Code too.

No-one will really remember the Da Vinci code; it will be remembered in context to the conspiracy which no-one really cares about and just be remembered as a populist novel which stirred controversy in it's short time.

I think Fight Club will carry on it's legacy it already has.
Last edited by Craigo at Aug 12, 2009,
Harinder Patel.

It's Harry Potter for us Indians.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Fight Club, Fear and Loathing?

There hasn't been too many that seem to have a good legacy in the literary sense of it. From popularity perspectives it's unfortunately Harry Potter and Twilight, which is lame...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I hope Twilight will die off, Stephanie Meyer really needs to be put in a cage in the middle of Cambodia and tortured with a stick for writing such a turd and crapping out tons more.

But I really want Angels and Demons to have a big leg, that book was great
And it was written by the dude who made The DaVinci code

But this decade now focuses on what book gives more sexy and pointless mary-sue and gary-stu fanservice than an actual freaking plot. It makes me sick.
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
Last edited by PurpleClawz at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by dustyboy316

There hasn't been too many that seem to have a good legacy in the literary sense of it. From popularity perspectives it's unfortunately Harry Potter and Twilight, which is lame...

That takes a fair amount of time though with exception to some select writers (Eco and Marquez come to mind).
Quote by PurpleClawz

But I really want Angels and Demons to have a big leg, that book was great
And it was written by the dude who made The DaVinci code

But this decade now focuses on what book gives more sexy and pointless mary-sue and gary-stu fanservice than an actual freaking plot. It makes me sick.

wat

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by dustyboy316

I'm assuming you mean Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (there's one than one Fear and Loathing book) that's not this generation, as it came out in the early 70s.

Quote by SteveHouse
wat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_sue

Last.fm
I don't think that those ridiculously popular but highly mediocre books like Twilight and Harry Potter will have much in the way of lasting legacies, mostly since they're poorly written and as such will probably never be taught in English classes. I'd put my money on something like Feed by M. T. Anderson, since it's sort our generation's 1984 or Brave New World. Also, books that tend to become famous are often the ones that transformed literature by being completely different from anything else, so maybe Eeeee Eee Eeee by Tao Lin could up with a lasting impact. I hope so anyway.
kill all humans
Quote by SteveHouse
No no, you've read me wrong.

Well I understand the part about Angels and Demons being a good book ( )

but he does have a point with stuff like Twilight that there is a prevelance of mary-sue chracters in current popular literature.

Quote by alaskan_ninja
I don't think that those ridiculously popular but highly mediocre books like Twilight and Harry Potter will have much in the way of lasting legacies, mostly since they're poorly written and as such will probably never be taught in English classes. I'd put my money on something like Feed by M. T. Anderson, since it's sort our generation's 1984 or Brave New World. Also, books that tend to become famous are often the ones that transformed literature by being completely different from anything else, so maybe Eeeee Eee Eeee by Tao Lin could up with a lasting impact. I hope so anyway.

I wouldn't consider Harry Potter to be poorly written, I think the fact that it communicates it's ideas well across a large spectrum of age groups is proof against that.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Well I understand the part about Angels and Demons being a good book ( )

but he does have a point with stuff like Twilight that there is a prevelance of mary-sue chracters in current popular literature.

I wouldn't consider Harry Potter to be poorly written, I think the fact that it communicates it's ideas well across a large spectrum of age groups is proof against that.

Well, I liked Angels and Demons
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
Page 1 of 4