ive been playing 9months now and im really starting to improve and i wanna join a band but hte thing is i can only play simple solos like the 1st solo in master of puppets the solo from for whom the bell tolls and stuff, i dont wanna join as a rhythem cos i definatly have a lead style, what should i do? and also would u say some1 of my time of playing should be able to play more solos, i wanna know if i should put more time into it.
my style is hard rock and metal
Join as a rhythm guitarist.

No matter what style you think you have, you can always improve it by working rhythm.
Quote by blue_strat
Join as a rhythm guitarist.

No matter what style you think you have, you can always improve it by working rhythm.

but what about when i wanna play lead? ill have to leave
practice?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Archieisted
but what about when i wanna play lead? ill have to leave

Seriously? Are you a troll or something?
You've only been playing a short while. You can't play lead guitar in a band. Deal with it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by blue_strat
Seriously? Are you a troll or something?

huh? if u mean my poor typing i am on a phone and im very very very very tired

and i mean i cant exactly say well i know its been 6 months but im lead now deal with it
Quote by eazy-c
You've only been playing a short while. You can't play lead guitar in a band. Deal with it.

thanks, could of been a bit more constructive
just play punk music. or join a band as a rhythm guitarist and learn from the lead guitarist. unless you have an ego and can't be a rhythm player. in that case, don't join a band.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
rhythm guitar style= the foundation of hard rock. chord shapes=apregios+partial (broken) chords=lead

solos are only a small part of most songs, it sounds like you are young; so learn rhythm.
You will appreciate it in a few years. cheers
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
I'm gonna put it straight; if you get in a band and you'll be lead after only 9 months of playing, it will suck badly.