Ok, so i got my new pedal finally, after the long wait for the replacement of my marshall supervibe chorus which broke. i took it to the shop in march or april, and after long hassles with marshall and the shop, its finally been replaced with a Regenerator Modulation!

Well i gave it a little play, intending to only use it for chorus as my supervibe replacement, and im a bit under impressed, as i expected to be. The chorus certainly isnt special, i already have a phaser, and my Vox has tremolo, so i can combine that with a chorus effect for a univibe sound.

i went to a local second hand shop, and they had a Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensamble, and they said theyd swap it.
What's this pedal like? i need opinions!
im into alternative rock, blues and metal, more specifically post hardcore and the likes. like a bit of chorus to make arpeggios and light chords a little sweeter, in particular on my blackstar
would the boss be ok for that? ill see if i can try it in store, but they'd have rubbish amps

cheers for any help!

EDIT: apologies for the massive picture!
HNP- err

SNPD?!

EDIT: Oh sorry.... I thought the boss chorus pedals were decent but I haven't played many to compare it to.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Aug 12, 2009,
The CE-5 is pretty bad, as far as choruses go.

What's your budget? (including what you'd get for returning the pedal)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The Boss is a semi-decent pedal as far as Chorus goes. I don't like chorus in general, but it's ok.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
"I'm underimpressed with this pedal that I've found to be lackluster. Anyone here want to trade this thing for something much better?"

Hmmmm....

Suspicious.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
"I'm underimpressed with this pedal that I've found to be lackluster. Anyone here want to trade this thing for something much better?"

Hmmmm....

Suspicious.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
haha, true point, im just thinking someone might prefer to have a multi fx then a single pedal

whereas i would prefer a dedicated chorus!

i wouldnt mind the "semi-decent" boss one if it has a more usable chorus effect, i like my DD3, and my keeley BD2, although that doesnt count as boss! haha

but is that a bad way to go?
from a not very good multi fx chorus to a 'semi decent' dedicated pedal

and i feel honoured to see admiral ackbar haha
Quote by JayT44

LOL IM watching Return of the Jedi NOW!!!

But yeah my xperience with chorus, especially from Boss and Digitech, to avoid them. Octavers are just so much cooler
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
The CE-5 is pretty bad, as far as choruses go.

Honestly I disagree, I am very pleased with my CE-5.
Quote by StratPlayer15
Honestly I disagree, I am very pleased with my CE-5.

Pretty much the lowest on the chorus totem pole I'd go is a Boss CE-2, so take my opinion of budget pedals with a grain of salt. To my ear, and compared to the choruses I'd use, it's awful.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I actually just got a Regenerator the other day and am quite happy with it. Though, I don't really ever use the chorus.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
well i dont see me being ble to get an old school boss chorus or a small tone in a trade =P

eh, so many mixed signals about the boss, the nain thing i like about it is the filter control, so i can either get a deep bass chorus, or a more shimering one! and i like that variation
and i guess if i do this trade then i'd only be going from one digital chorus to another!
no worries for me there! and the bypass doesnt normally seem to bad on Boss's to my ear

i might try looking on UG for a trade, but i see it unlikely
the regenerator is a good pedal, but not my cup of tea, i prefer dedicated units!
you've already been speaking to me on my gear ad page :P

no i havent gone and im still up fot the supervibe trade, just want to have a little play around with the regenerator before i decide!
yeh i know, i dont think ill do the swap now for the boss
people here seem to think its not great, and ive been using the marshall, and it isnt too bad!
and its got a better bypass on it

and im determined to find a use for the step phaser if it kills me...
my boss super chorus sounds decent
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
I don't recall who it was who said Boss made bad pedals above, and although I'm too tired and/or lazy to look right now, I love my Boss pedals. Everyone hates the MT2, but I like it, and I use their Noise Gate and DS1 for OD.

But for Chorus, I can't really say. Never used it much. I've always preferred some slap delay and a bit of reverb. The last one I had was the Chorus Ensemble, and like I said, it was decent. All chorus sounds thin to me, though. Tried a good flanger?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
there is a flanger on this regenerator pedal i actually quite like it, but can get similar sounds from phaser
using it today i got some pretty good sounds from the regenerator, so im fine with keeping it, unless i hear from anyone adamant i should go boss
i quite like a warm subtle chorus tone