I currently play a Musicman SUB 4 string. I've had this for about 4 years now and I still love playing it. The neck is still very fast (and rather worn) and the body is still pristeen, although I have removed the scratch plate.

I was wondering how much it would cost me to have another pickup slot cut into the body? Also, to have a hole cut into the back for the active electronics if needed.

The passive tone isn't really what I want, i've played this on a few different amps and it still sounds very funk-ish. I'd like a much more aggressive tone so i'm probably going to get a couple of EMGs in there. I also play inbetween the neck and the bridge pickup so having a pickup there to rest my thumb on would be much better then leaning on the body/thumbing the neck.

Thanks.
you can do all of these mods yourself for free, do you have any powertools? and if so what?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Yeah I have a few power tools. Dremels, Jigsaws and some Drills. Do you know of any guides that deal with this? I wouldn't want to bugger up my only bass.
since, iirc, your model has a pickguard, IF you can pick up a pickup with a hole for 2 then that would be great, if not then it shouldnt be hard anyway.

You can cut out the hole in the pickguard with your jigsaw, but you'll probly want to get your hands on a router (ask around to borrow maybe?) for the cavity itself.

Although, some people have cut cavities with a drill and some chisels.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Its a lot more tedious but you could get a router base for the dremel..........i built mine out of progressivly shorter pieces of scrap wood but that was extreamly dangerous and I would not advise it...........
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Mine doesn't have a pickguard. I'll ask around for the router, thanks for the help.