Hey UG what's up I have a question I was hoping someone could help me out here
I have a B-52 AT-112 It's not really loud enough unless I turn the volume up to 8 with the band I'm jamming with. I was wondering if a 2 x 12 cabinet would allow for more volume? By the way I have a 120 watt triple xxc but I like the tone of the B-52 better so that's why I am inquiring about the extra speakers. Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated
7 or 8 is the sweet spot, keep it there!

Anyway, a speaker cabinet would move more air but not much of a noticeable difference, unless you can run the internal speaker at the same time, and have the cab + speaker in different places, which will make it appear louder.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
its not really more volume, just more headroom. is it possible to run both ur amps speakers and the 2X12 like juadafi said?

btw how do u like ur b-52 i wanna get one soon, any reliability problems and such?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
You have a 50 watt amp and you don't have enough volume?!?

Yes having more speakers will move more air, making the sound more intense, giving the impression of it being louder but it's not going to be 1000000 times louder.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
an 2x12extension cabinet will only make the B-52 6 decibels louder, which isn't that much. what i would do is run your XXX into the 2x12 and use a splitter to use both amps at the same time, that should give you the power you need fo sho
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by soloXshredder
its not really more volume, just more headroom.

headroom stays the same...
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?