Hey guys
I've ordered two pedals (boss ds-2 turbo distortion and cs-3 compressor) through the internet and it seems like they get delivered tomorrow. However, I thought that they have their power supplies with them, but they have not as I read afterwards.

So I have a few power supplies at home, the question is whether i can use them, realated to the compability to the pedals (voltage, amperage etc..)

here is a picture of these gadgets:

Last edited by verkiII at Aug 12, 2009,
Nevermind my first post.

The one on the left and the middle should be good since their both 9 volts.

The one on the right is 9.6, I'm not sure if thats close enough to where it wont be a problem or not.

Ok, just checked and the left and right ones are good, the one on the right isn't.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Last edited by Ninja Penguin77 at Aug 12, 2009,
The middle one looks like 9v too? and the left one is too.. idk about the right one..
and what about the amperage?
On the webside where I ordered my pedals I saw supplies which had 300mA and they were definitely compatible with those pedals because it stood in the instruction

mine have the amperage of 500mA (the left and the middle one)
the right has 300mA but a voltage of 9.6
Consider getting a daisy chain to put on the end of one of them. Only £4 or so.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Do not get a daisy chain they are crap and fizzle and hiss a lot. Everyone reccomends a onespot but i have not used one.
Legend.
Quote by verkiII
and what about the amperage?
On the webside where I ordered my pedals I saw supplies which had 300mA and they were definitely compatible with those pedals because it stood in the instruction

mine have the amperage of 500mA (the left and the middle one)
the right has 300mA but a voltage of 9.6

The amps are just the maximum the pedal can withstand I belive, but I'd double check that, so the left and middle power supplys should be fine.
I found this in an older thread

Quote by Business
Things to look for in an adapter

Voltage: usually 9v, boss ones are 9.6v it must match your pedal
DC or AC: direct or alternate, usually DC it must match your pedal
Polarity: center will be negative or positive it must match your pedal
Barrel Size: usually 2,1mm but some are 2,5 of course, it must match
mA: if your pedal needs 300mA, your adapter must provide at least that amount, but it can be more, unlike the voltage

can anyone confirm that?
Quote by Lord_Westwood
Do not get a daisy chain they are crap and fizzle and hiss a lot. Everyone reccomends a onespot but i have not used one.

What? They are great...
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
okay thanks, I think I'll try the left and the middle one, when the pedals are delivered
I just connected the adaptors with my pedals and they work fine, though later when i read the manual, there stood that the adaptors shouldn't exceed the amperage of 200mA when I use them with the cable that enables to connect the pedals so I can use just one power supply..

Is there anything to worry about, when I use a adaptor with 500mA?
I mean could the adaptor cause damage over time?
Some manufacturers would probably write that so that you end up buying their own power supply for twice the price. The mA rating on the power supply is just the maximum it can send to your appliance, the pedal will just take what it needs. Of course, avoid using something like 2 A adapter for a pedal that needs only 200 mA.
The 9.6v will be fine BTW, all three will work perfectly, you have nothing to worry about.