After being a huge fan of his books for months, I finally decided to pick up his Exottica CD. Two questions: why the hell is this CD not as well-known as it should be, and who else has it. I've been listening to it for the past 30 minutes, it's freakin' incredible. Awesome riffs, melodies, solos, and cool effects all over the place.
I've been debating buying it on iTunes, but as I'm not made of money, I spent it on things that were safer bets for me. I do love his books though. Is it worth the 10 bucks?
Quote by Reeven
I've been debating buying it on iTunes, but as I'm not made of money, I spent it on things that were safer bets for me. I do love his books though. Is it worth the 10 bucks?

I'd definitely say so. Everything definitely falls under the category of rock/metal, but there's a pretty good amount of variety on the album. Surprisingly, there's not as much noodling as you would expect. There's plenty of crazy licks, but the songs center much more around the melodies and riffs. Divination was my personal favorite song on the album.