i hope this falls under the right category, so yea lol. Anyways, wat are like need to know techniques and stuff to becoming a decent metal guitarist. Cause right now i personally have no idea, plz fill me in thanks.
Quote by polloboyman
i hope this falls under the right category, so yea lol. Anyways, wat are like need to know techniques and stuff to becoming a decent metal guitarist. Cause right now i personally have no idea, plz fill me in thanks.

Learn metal songs you want to play. What techniques do those songs use? Learn those techniques. And... just from the sound of it, I'm just going to assume you probably aren't ready for any of it. How long have you been playing?
pick scrapes, muffled strings, harmonics and pitch harmonics, whammy bar techniques. There are probably more for sure but I just suggested some you don't have to know these techniques but why not the more you know the better, if you know you're doing it properly.
Quote by polloboyman

You need two things to be a good metal guitarist:

A strong sense of rhythm. You need to be absolutely in time and if you're not metal fans WILL pick up on it, hence the general dislike for Kirk Hammett.

A comfortable picking hand. You need to be able to gallop, downpick and alternate pick for a long time, metal shows go on for at least 30 minutes as standard and that's usually ALL intense picking, even for the rhythm players.

If you want to get into metal lead then that's a whole other kettle of fish.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.