I'm looking for a new guitar solely to play metal.
Here are the spec's I'm looking for.

Fixed Bridge (I hate tremolo systems after my last purchase)
6 or 7 string (I don't really care)
Emg Pickups
Mahogony Body
And looks awesome.

Right now I'm liking the ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000.
Feel free to suggest anything you think is a worthy contender.
anythin from esp then
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Yeah basically ESPs 400 series and above fit perfectly.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
jackson dkmgs or wrmg, outline your maximum budget
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
It seems like esp is the best way for you to go. I bought the EC-400 last year and I would definitely recommend it.
schecter C7
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
I know you said you dont want a tremolo system but the BC Rich Delux Jr V is a very good guitar it has everything you were asking EXCEPT for that it has a floyd..... OR if you have the money and want EXACTLY what you want get this one

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-WM526-Electric-Guitar?sku=518918
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Basically any Schecter Hellraiser.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
you could stretch a bit and get a esp horizon nt-ii
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-Christian-Olde-Wolbers-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=520309&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=335220971

i was VERY close to buying one of these a while back. it seemed like a bad choice for me at the time and i ended up getting an amp, but it's a sick looking guitar! i love the flat black. there's a 6 and a 7 string version, in case you were dead set on getting one or the other. if you're not sure i'd go with the 6 stringer.

obviously not a huge deal of versatility out of a single pickup and no tone knob, but i love the simplicity of it. you either love it or hate it
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Aug 13, 2009,
Ibanez Xiphos 7 string looks awesome but not EMG pickups..
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Merciless Tengo
Another person on the "I NEED EMG TO PLAY METALZ" bandwagon then?

I'd say go for an ESP.

Well, I would prefer some special Dimarzio or SD, but they don't normally get built in stock guitars. Emgs are probably the pickups I like best without swapping them with the stock pickups.
Quote by MiKill93
Well, I would prefer some special Dimarzio or SD, but they don't normally get built in stock guitars. Emgs are probably the pickups I like best without swapping them with the stock pickups.

Get a hardtail ibanez xiphos if you want duncan's, it is mahogony, 24 frets, neck through, and has really high output passive duncan pickups for $700

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-XPT700-Xiphos-Electric-Guitar?sku=500161
Get an ESP.

This is kind of how I look at things when it comes to pickups:

Jackson= Seymour Duncan
Ibanez= Dimarzio
ESP= EMG's

Quote by darkcheef
Get a hardtail ibanez xiphos if you want duncan's, it is mahogony, 24 frets, neck through, and has really high output passive duncan pickups for $700

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-XPT700-Xiphos-Electric-Guitar?sku=500161
The Ibanez Xiphos in the link has Dimarzio D-Activator's.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Get an ESP.

This is kind of how I look at things when it comes to pickups:

Jackson= Seymour Duncan
Ibanez= Dimarzio
ESP= EMG's

The Ibanez Xiphos in the link has Dimarzio D-Activator's.

Oops that's what I meant, and some esps come with duncans also.
Quote by MiKill93
I'm looking for a new guitar solely to play metal.
Here are the spec's I'm looking for.

Fixed Bridge (I hate tremolo systems after my last purchase)
6 or 7 string (I don't really care)
Emg Pickups
Mahogony Body
And looks awesome.

Right now I'm liking the ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000.
Feel free to suggest anything you think is a worthy contender.

I'm actually trying to get rid of an ESP Ltd Deluxe EC-1000 in Classic Black finish (shiney).

I bought it about 2 years ago and have used it sparingly cause I never really got in to the EMG's. I prefer DMZ. Immaculate condition too.. very minimal fretwear. Where is it you live?
Quote by darkcheef
Oops that's what I meant, and some esps come with duncans also.
Yeah but most ESP's come with EMG's. Same with Jackson, they have a series with EMG's, but most of thier guitars have Seymour Duncan. Ibanez is the same case.
Quote by satchgear
I'm actually trying to get rid of an ESP Ltd Deluxe EC-1000 in Classic Black finish (shiney).

I bought it about 2 years ago and have used it sparingly cause I never really got in to the EMG's. I prefer DMZ. Immaculate condition too.. very minimal fretwear. Where is it you live?

I live in Virginia. I kinda wanted the black one that wasn't shiny and had the gold binding. Sorry to be picky, but this is a huge purchase.
Not a problem. I can say.. it's a great playing guitar. One of the best I have played. Really good feel to the neck. Just not my kind of style, and that's why I'm losing it.