I accidentally left the window in my back room open last week. My amp sits about 2 feet from the window and I fear that it may have got wet. I didn't notice it until the next day so I'm not sure if any water got in the back of the amp. My question is, would a small amount of water do any damage to the amp? If so would it do anything to the sound? I've played it since and it sounds ok.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ
probably not in trace amounts.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
So long as you let it dry out before using it, it should be ok.

If you do get any crackling, sparks etc; turn it off, unplug it and take it to a tech.
I don't think a little bit of water will hurt anything. That being said, if your amp got wet when it was on that's a whole other story. Water + electricity = BAAAD.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
If it got just on top of it, it should be fine. If it got inside, from the open back, or through the screen and on the speaker.... well quality will be affected, but to what extent, you gotta try yourself. I'd give it awhile to dry out, then give 'her a go!!
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
If it got just on top of it, it should be fine. If it got inside, from the open back, or through the screen and on the speaker.... well quality will be affected, but to what extent, you gotta try yourself. I'd give it awhile to dry out, then give 'her a go!!

THat is what I'm thinking, it sounds a little muffled to me, definitely different. What specifically would be affected? Any ideas?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ
If the speaker got wet, then its performance will obviously be different (paper cone)

Otherwise, the water shouldn't have done any damage. My amp was hit with a water balloon, and I sometimes put drinks on top of it and it's fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
dang. i once left a window open overnight and was awoken to a thunderstorm. went to close the window and the floor was soaken wet there. good thing nothin was damaged since nothin was there. try to keep yur amp away from open windows i guess. especially if you're not there to close them ASAP. there shouldnt be much damage unless it got into the speakers and/or electronics.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Even if water got inside of the amp it wouldn't do any damage as long as you allowed the amp to completely dry before turning it on.

However, if there was still moisture inside when the amp was turned on then damage could have occurred.