Im wondering if there is a way to emulate other instruments on guitar (harmonica, trumpet, sayophone, flute...)? Is there a pedal that would do something like that, or a computer program? All the pedals, multiefects or porgrams i know of only emulate different amps and guitar efects, but never different instruments. The reason im asking is, i wanna make some songs with some interesting instrument fills, and since i can pretty much only play guitar, this would be great. So, any ideas?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
There is a pedal, you have to put a pickup in your guitar first though, but it can do drum beats, mandolin, tuba, anything. I forget what its called though...
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by jking948
There is a pedal, you have to put a pickup in your guitar first though, but it can do drum beats, mandolin, tuba, anything. I forget what its called though...

midi
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
I have an idea, but im not sure if it would work:

get the program melodyne (its typically a vocal program but whatever), it has the option to save the audio as a midi track. so just play what you want and put it into melodyne(im sure there is another program that would work but i dont know of it). then save it as midi. open it up in some multitrack recording software that is VSTi capable and just download some decent VSTi plugins. just an idea, dunno if it would work.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by DartS17
Roland GR-20 sounds about right for that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNUHsbdUdx8

This. It's expensive as hell IIRC but it does exactly what the TS wants and probably a whole lot more.

Edit: Looking at the video one of the things that makes Rob so good at using it is his knowledge of other instruments; he understands the limits and strengths of the things he's emulating so he can get a sound that is typical of the patch he chooses out of the guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 12, 2009,
the problem with midi is that if you are trying to emulate something half of the things it emulates sound nowhere near how they should. The violin and the vocals in that video are good examples. Midi is useful for making cool unique sounds though.
Quote by Zmatt
the problem with midi is that if you are trying to emulate something half of the things it emulates sound nowhere near how they should. The violin and the vocals in that video are good examples. Midi is useful for making cool unique sounds though.

This is true but unless you're either using samples or playing the actual instruments you won't get the exact sound so MIDI is just about as close as you're going to get.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.