View poll results: Which is better?
Weber Mass
1 17%
THD Hot Plate
4 67%
Ultimate
1 17%
Voters: 6.
So I was reading an article in Premier guitar about attenuators, and my 6505 is one LOUD mofo. Contrary to the way Premier guitar usually is, they obviously left out alot of necessary info to their readers.

Quote by Premier Guitar Magazine
These tonal variations are subject to much heated debate in various forums.

This means absolutely nothing to me. the variations are WHAT?!?!?!? Naturally with any debate, I find it necessary to inform myself about this "big heated debate" I also read something about master volume amps and non-master volume amps with attenuators, whats the difference tonally. I would like to hear from well played experienced players on their oppinions, where to get the facts, what amp AND attenuator they have, and what they base their oppinions on.
As a standalone unit? Ultimate, for sure, though either of the other two + a Crate Powerblock for reamping would get you basically the same thing.

This poll is silly.

I'd say the Weber gets points over the THD for being made in North America (no tariffs on online purchase or shipping due to NAFTA) and for switchable impedance.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
i own a ton of amps, one of which happens to be a thd bivalve. great amp: clean, sweet, LOUD! no worries right? there is a thd hotplate on board. meh, sucks tone. i hardly play the thd now because i don't like using the hot plate on it and it is too loud without it. well, the bivalve takes pedals well so i just hook a pedal board in the front and keep it on the low gain input, does well enough.

appreciate ya reading through that rambling, bottom line is that i haven't tried an attenuator i have liked, though i would say they are viable options, just not the prefered method.

some dudes are doing this reamping deal, look that up, i don't feel like explaining it, too long.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae