Chorus
e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
b|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
g|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
d|-------------------------------------------2-4-22--------------------------------------------|
a|-5-22-0-1-2-2---5-22-0-1-2-2-55-------------5---5-22-0-1-2-2---5-22-0-1-2-2--|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------|
b|-------------------------|
g|-------------------------|
d|---2h4p2----2h4p2--|
a|-5---------5----------5|
E|-------------------------|

I hope this is the right place for this thread, but anyway, this might sound abit noobish but im really having trouble getting this to work i've layed down the rest of the track and it's all flowing nicely, except for this part. The fast hammer-ons and and the rythym is too off-putting when I play along, Btw the song is Tetragrammaton by Mars Volta if you wanna try and give it a go. Any help will be appreciated.
.. so whats the question? just practice it, theres no easy solution.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
This should probably go to the 'Tab Talk' Forum. As for the song, I'd help, but I'm just a lowly metalhead.
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Actually, for some reason I'm feeling nice today and just listened to the song. Seems perhaps I mistook The Mars Volta for some ****ty band..

Anyways.. The part that I'm assuming you meant you're having a problem with.. Instead of hitting 5 on the A string.. Try an open (0) on the D string, see if that makes it any easier.

EDIT: Also, to help with the timing issue you're having.. You have to remember this song isn't in your standard everyday 4/4 timing. It's in 3/4. So count along to the tempo as 1, 2, 3; 1, 2, 3...etc. If it was 4/4 you'd count 1, 2, 3, 4.. etc. 5/4.. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.. etc. So in any x/4 timing you count the top number along to the tempo. x/8 timings is just in triplets but have a different way of counting. But you don't have to focus on an 8 timing right now.
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Last edited by Killswitch666 at Aug 12, 2009,
Actually the reverting to using the D string instead of the E works alot better thanks (Y) I knew these forums were helpful sometimes .