Hi guys, I'm always helping people here, now its my time to be helped

I own a epiphone sg custom, I'm about to change 2 of its pickups (neck and bridge) that later on I'll be using on my custom les paul when its done.
My band has a sound like New found glory, Foo Fighters, sometimes pop, sometimes harder.
I do lots of riffs and solos, thats why I wont copy their pickups, cuz their guitarists almost doesn't make solos at all.
What pickups you guys suggest (2 humbuckers)? I'd like a pickup great for distorted rythm and clean leads on neck, and killer tone for solos and riffs on bridge.
I'd prefer gibson pickups and seymour duncans.

Thanks in advance

Edit: We dont use low tunings.
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Last edited by GuitarUser at Aug 12, 2009,
I've heard people say Epiphone players upgrade their pickups to Gibsons and Gibson players upgrade their pickups to DiMarzios or Duncans or an entirely different company...

If you're not satisfied with your sound in a big way, I'd get a new amp. If you just wanna slightly tweak it, get new pickups.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I've heard people say Epiphone players upgrade their pickups to Gibsons and Gibson players upgrade their pickups to DiMarzios or Duncans or an entirely different company...

If you're not satisfied with your sound in a big way, I'd get a new amp. If you just wanna slightly tweak it, get new pickups.

I'd just bought a JCM 800, pretty happy with it..
I will be changing my guitar soon, a luthier is making a custom one for me, similar to the gibson lespaul. thanks man.
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
Duncan SH-5 Custom for the bridge and SH-1 '59 for the Neck. I play pop punk like TBS, The Starting Line, NFG, Brand New, and hardcore along the lines of CTTS, pg 99, Welcome the Plague Year, Portraits of Past. That pickup combo works well for those sounds. I've found the Custom lacking in the low end despite what some of the reviews say, but that was easily fixed by boosting the bass and low mids with an MXR 10 band EQ.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
Duncan SH-5 Custom for the bridge and SH-1 '59 for the Neck. I play pop punk like TBS, The Starting Line, NFG, Brand New, and hardcore along the lines of CTTS, pg 99, Welcome the Plague Year, Portraits of Past. That pickup combo works well for those sounds. I've found the Custom lacking in the low end despite what some of the reviews say, but that was easily fixed by boosting the bass and low mids with an MXR 10 band EQ.

I like the 59 for neck, but I dont like this SH-5. For the bridge I'm thinking about a 500t..
for the neck will be the 59 or a dirty fingers

The only reason for me to be doing this question is because I havent tried this pickups (never tested)
well thats it, bye for now
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
duncan distortion. duncan distortion!
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck - will work a treat.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah man, I'm definitely going with the sh-2 jazz something for neck. The only thing with the sh-5 is that (noticed with videos watched on youtube, and sd website audio samples) it lacks bass, and low mids.
I wonder if the sh-8 (invader) would be a great option.
Thanks again!
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
up for the last question
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
Quote by steven seagull
Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck - will work a treat.

I like this combo too.
Quote by GuitarUser
Yeah man, I'm definitely going with the sh-2 jazz something for neck. The only thing with the sh-5 is that (noticed with videos watched on youtube, and sd website audio samples) it lacks bass, and low mids.
I wonder if the sh-8 (invader) would be a great option.
Thanks again!

No, the Invader is gash.

If you want something heavy on the low mids look at the Dimarzio Breed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
everything you said.

Hey man, thanks for being so helpful on my thread..
Well the sg in bassy by nature, for the mahogany body... I'll get the sh-5 (:
thx